- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Kindergarten Thanksgiving
- 1st Grade Thanksgiving
- 2nd Grade Thanksgiving
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
6th Grade Percent Word Problems
Welcome to our 6th Grade Percent Word Problems page. In this area, we have a selection of percentage problem worksheets for 6th graders designed to help children learn to solve a range of percentage problems.
Here you will find a selection of worksheets on percentages designed to help your child practise how to apply their knowledge to solve a range of percentage problems..
The sheets are graded so that the easier ones are at the top.
The sheets have been split up into sections as follows:
- general percentage problems;
- solving percentage problems with bar graphs.
Each of the general problem solving sheets has also been split into 2 different worksheets:
- Sheet A which is set at an easier level;
- Sheet B which is set at a harder level;
Some of our worksheets have UK versions, which use £ instead of $.
6th Grade Percentages Problems Worksheets - General Problems
There are 6 problems on each sheet. Sheet A is an easier version and Sheet B is a harder version.
Answer sheets include example working out to solve the problems.
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.1A
- PDF version
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.1B
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.2A
- UK version Worksheet
- UK version Answers
- UK Version PDF
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.2B
- UK Version Worksheet
- UK Version Answers
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.3A
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems Sheet 6.3B
6th Grade Bar Graph Percentage Word Problems
These sheets involve using bar graph data to solve different percentage problems.
There is only one version of each sheet, and both sheets are at a similar level of difficulty.
- 6th Grade Bar Graph Percentage Word Problems 6.1
- 6th Grade Bar Graph Percentage Word Problems 6.2
Bar Graph Percentage Word Problems Walkthrough Video
This short video walkthrough shows the problems from our 6th Grade Bar Graph Percentage Word Problems Worksheet 6.2 being solved and has been produced by the West Explains Best math channel.
If you would like some support in solving the problems on these sheets, please check out the video below!
More Recommended Math Worksheets
Take a look at some more of our worksheets similar to these.
5th Grade Percentage Word Problems
These word problems are at a slightly easier level than those on this page.
All the problems involve finding the percentage of a range of numbers and amounts.
- Percentage Word Problems 5th Grade
Percentage of Money Amounts
Often when we are studying percentages, we look at them in the context of money.
The sheets on this page are all about finding percentages of different amounts of money.
- Money Percentage Worksheets
Percentage of Number Worksheets
If you would like some practice finding the percentage of a range of numbers, then try our Percentage Worksheets page.
You will find a range of worksheets starting with finding simple percentages such as 1%, 10% and 50% to finding much trickier ones.
- Percentage of Numbers Worksheets
- Percentage Increase and Decrease Worksheets
We have created a range of worksheets based around percentage increases and decreases.
Our worksheets include:
- finding percentage change between two numbers;
- finding a given percentage increase from an amount;
- finding a given percentage decrease from an amount.
Converting Percentages to Fractions
To convert a fraction to a percentage follows on simply from converting a fraction to a decimal.
Simply divide the numerator by the denominator to give you the decimal form. Then multiply the result by 100 to change the decimal into a percentage.
The printable learning fraction page below contains more support, examples and practice converting fractions to decimals.
- Converting Fractions to Percentages
- Convert Percent to Fraction
Online Percentage Practice Zone
Our online percentage practice zone gives you a chance to practice finding percentages of a range of numbers.
You can choose your level of difficulty and test yourself with immediate feedback!
- Online Percentage Practice
- Ratio Part to Part Worksheets
These sheets are a great way to introduce ratio of one object to another using visual aids.
The sheets in this section are at a more basic level than those on this page.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to 6th Grade Math Worksheets
Return from 6th Grade Percent Word Problems page to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
6th Grade Math Word Problems (Percentages)
Related Pages Word Problems Solved The Singapore Math Way 2-Step Word Problems And Bar Models Singapore Mental Math Strategies Singapore Math More Numbers Lessons
In this lesson, we will learn how to solve percent word problems
- using block diagrams or bar models or tape diagrams,
- using the grid method,
- using proportions.
Using Bar Models
Example: 15% of the number of people who attended a concert arrived late. If 30 people arrived late, find the number of people who attended the concert.
From the above model, we see that 15% → 30 people 1% → 30 ÷ 15 = 2 people 100% → 100 × 2 = 200 people 200 people attended the concert.
Examples of solving percent problems with bar models
Marilyn saves 30% of the money she earns each month. She earns $350 each month. How much does she save?
At the Natural History Museum, 40% of the visitors are children. There are 36 children at the museum. How many visitors altogether are at the museum?
Bill bought cards to celebrate Pi day. He sends 60% of his cards to friends. He sent 42 cards to friends. How many cards did he buy altogether?
Bruce cookies 80% of the pancakes at the pancake breakfast last weekend. They made 1120 pancakes. How many pancakes did Bruce cook?
The following video shows examples of finding total price with sales tax and an example of finding cost after discount using bar models.
Alejandro bought a television set for $900 and paid a sales tax of 8%. How much did he pay for the television set?
Alice saved for a new bike. The bike was on sale for a discount of 35%. The original cost of the bike was $270. How much did she pay for the bike?
Using Grid Method
Setting up the Percent Problem Describes how to set up a percent problem using the grid method. Uses examples with the total given and looking for the parts.
Example: There are 250 chairs in a room a) If 150 chairs are full, what % are full? b) What % are empty?
Multiple Step Percent Problems Part 1 Examples of how to solve percent word problems with the grid method.
Example 1: A stereo listed for $350 is on sale for 20% off the list price. The sales tax is 6%. What price does a customer pay for the stereo if she buys it on sale?
Example 2: Stacey just received her annual cost-of-living raise. She previously earned $1450 a month. Her new salary is $1508. What is the rate of increase?
Example 3: At a playoff game, paid attendance was 39,900. The total attendance was 42,000. What percent of those attending had free tickets?
Solving Percentage Word Problems Using Proportions
Practice solving percentage word problems by setting up a proportion and solving.
Example: A poll was conducted by a local newspaper asking if the governor was doing a good job. 6,000 people were polled. If 2,400 said they approved of the job the governor was doing, what percent of the people polled disapproved?
Percent Word Problems: Percentage Problems Shows how to solve “percent of” word problems using proportions.
- What is 15% of 40?
- 12 is 20% of what number?
- 22 is what percent of 5?
- 4 is what percent of the quotient of 15 and 3?
Percent Word Problems: Sales and Discount Solving percent word problems that involve finding a sale price given original price and discount, finding an original price given sale price and discount, and finding sale price given profit.
Example 1: A laptop that normally costs $600 is offered at a discount of 35%. What is the new sale price?
Example 2: A pair of shoes is marked down 20% during a sale and costs $60. What was the original price?
Percent Word Problems: Profit Solving percent word problems that involve finding the percentage profit.
Example 1: The total cost of producing a tablet is $150. If the manufacturer wants to make a 20% profit, at what price must they sell the tablet?
Example 2: Kevin bought a concert ticket for $50 and sold it for $54. What was the percentage profit?
Percent Word Problems: Percent Increase and Decrease Solving percent word problems that involve percent increase and decrease.
Example 1: 15 fans attended a band’s first concert. 18 fans attended their second concert. What was the percent increase in the number of fans from the first concert to second?
Example 2: Last year, a football team won 15 games. This year, the team won 20% fewer games. How many games did the team win this year?
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $4.80
Math worksheets: percents.
These worksheets provide practice in common calculations involving percents , including changing decimals to and from percents, finding percentages of numbers and fining how many percent a number is of another number.
Sample Grade 6 Percents Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Unit 3: Rates and percentages
About this unit, intro to rates.
- Intro to rates (Opens a modal)
- Solving unit rate problem (Opens a modal)
- Solving unit price problem (Opens a modal)
- Rate problems (Opens a modal)
- Comparing rates example (Opens a modal)
- Rate review (Opens a modal)
- Unit rates Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
- Rate problems Get 3 of 4 questions to level up!
- Comparing rates Get 3 of 4 questions to level up!
Intro to percents
- The meaning of percent (Opens a modal)
- Meaning of 109% (Opens a modal)
- Percents from fraction models (Opens a modal)
- Intro to percents Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
- Percents from fraction models Get 3 of 4 questions to level up!
- Finding percentages with a double number line (Opens a modal)
- Finding the whole with a tape diagram (Opens a modal)
- Find percents visually Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
Equivalent representations of percent problems
- Fraction, decimal, and percent from visual model (Opens a modal)
- Converting percents to decimals & fractions example (Opens a modal)
- Percent of a whole number (Opens a modal)
- Ways to rewrite a percentage (Opens a modal)
- Converting between percents, fractions, & decimals (Opens a modal)
- Finding common percentages (Opens a modal)
- Converting percents and fractions review (Opens a modal)
- Converting decimals and percents review (Opens a modal)
- Equivalent representations of percent problems Get 3 of 4 questions to level up!
- Benchmark percents Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
- Finding a percent (Opens a modal)
- Finding percents Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
Percent word problems
- Percent word problem: recycling cans (Opens a modal)
- Rates and percentages FAQ (Opens a modal)
- Percent word problems Get 5 of 7 questions to level up!
Word Problems on Percentage
Word problems on percentage will help us to solve various types of problems related to percentage. Follow the procedure to solve similar type of percent problems.
Word problems on percentage:
1. In an exam Ashley secured 332 marks. If she secured 83 % makes, find the maximum marks.
Let the maximum marks be m.
Ashley’s marks = 83% of m
Ashley secured 332 marks
Therefore, 83% of m = 332
⇒ 83/100 × m = 332
⇒ m = (332 × 100)/83
⇒ m =33200/83
Therefore, Ashley got 332 marks out of 400 marks.
2. An alloy contains 26 % of copper. What quantity of alloy is required to get 260 g of copper?
Let the quantity of alloy required = m g
Then 26 % of m =260 g
⇒ 26/100 × m = 260 g
⇒ m = (260 × 100)/26 g
⇒ m = 26000/26 g
⇒ m = 1000 g
3. There are 50 students in a class. If 14% are absent on a particular day, find the number of students present in the class.
Number of students absent on a particular day = 14 % of 50
i.e., 14/100 × 50 = 7
Therefore, the number of students present = 50 - 7 = 43 students.
4. In a basket of apples, 12% of them are rotten and 66 are in good condition. Find the total number of apples in the basket.
Let the total number of apples in the basket be m
12 % of the apples are rotten, and apples in good condition are 66
Therefore, according to the question,
88% of m = 66
⟹ 88/100 × m = 66
⟹ m = (66 × 100)/88
⟹ m = 3 × 25
Therefore, total number of apples in the basket is 75.
5. In an examination, 300 students appeared. Out of these students; 28 % got first division, 54 % got second division and the remaining just passed. Assuming that no student failed; find the number of students who just passed.
The number of students with first division = 28 % of 300
= 28/100 × 300
And, the number of students with second division = 54 % of 300
= 54/100 × 300
Therefore, the number of students who just passed = 300 – (84 + 162)
Questions and Answers on Word Problems on Percentage:
1. In a class 60% of the students are girls. If the total number of students is 30, what is the number of boys?
2. Emma scores 72 marks out of 80 in her English exam. Convert her marks into percent.
3. Mason was able to sell 35% of his vegetables before noon. If Mason had 200 kg of vegetables in the morning, how many grams of vegetables was he able to see by noon?
Answer: 70 kg
4. Alexander was able to cover 25% of 150 km journey in the morning. What percent of journey is still left to be covered?
Answer: 112.5 km
5. A cow gives 24 l milk each day. If the milkman sells 75% of the milk, how many liters of milk is left with him?
Answer: 6 l
6. While shopping Grace spent 90% of the money she had. If she had $ 4500 on shopping, what was the amount of money she spent?
Answer: $ 4050
Fraction into Percentage
Percentage into Fraction
Percentage into Ratio
Ratio into Percentage
Percentage into Decimal
Decimal into Percentage
Percentage of the given Quantity
How much Percentage One Quantity is of Another?
Percentage of a Number
Basic Problems on Percentage
Solved Examples on Percentage
Problems on Percentage
Real Life Problems on Percentage
Application of Percentage
8th Grade Math Practice From Word Problems on Percentage to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math . Use this Google Search to find what you need.
- Preschool Activities
- Kindergarten Math
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- 9th Grade Math
- 10th Grade Math
- 11 & 12 Grade Math
- Concepts of Sets
- Boolean Algebra
- Math Coloring Pages
- Multiplication Table
- Cool Maths Games
- Math Flash Cards
- Online Math Quiz
- Math Puzzles
- Binary System
- Math Dictionary
- Conversion Chart
- Homework Sheets
- Math Problem Ans
- Free Math Answers
- Printable Math Sheet
- Funny Math Answers
- Employment Test
- Math Patterns
- Link Partners
Math Questions Answers | Solved Math Questions and Answers | Free Math
Dec 03, 23 01:10 PM
Months of the Year | List of 12 Months of the Year |Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr
Dec 01, 23 01:16 AM
Days of the Week | 7 Days of the Week | What are the Seven Days?
Nov 30, 23 10:59 PM
Worksheet on Fraction into Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage into Fraction
Worksheet on Percentage into Ratio
Worksheet on Ratio into Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage into Decimal
Worksheet on Percentage of a Number
Worksheet on Finding Percent
Worksheet on Finding Value of a Percentage
Worksheet on Percentage of a Given Quantity
Worksheet on Word Problems on Percentage
Worksheet on Increase Percentage
Worksheet on Decrease Percentage
Worksheet on increase and Decrease Percentage
Worksheet on Expressing Percent
Worksheet on Percent Problems
Worksheet on Finding Percentage
© and ™ math-only-math.com. All Rights Reserved. 2010 - 2023.