- Beginning Finish the Story - The Snow Day
- Beginning Finish the Story - The Fair
- Beginning Finish the Story - Summer Camp
- Beginning Finish the Story - The Birthday Party
- Beginning Finish the Story - The Halloween Costume
- Beginning Finish the Story - The 4th of July
- Intermediate Finish the Story - The Beach Trip
- Intermediate Finish the Story - The Great Find
- Intermediate Finish the Story - Which Way?
- Intermediate Finish the Story - Finding Muffin
- Intermediate Finish the Story - The Zoo
- Advanced Finish the Story - The Troublemaker
Question Response Writing Worksheets
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Color
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Day
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Number
- Beginning Question Response - In Your Family
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Sport
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Clothes
- Beginning Question Response - Your Favorite Music
- Beginning Question Response - How You Relax
- Beginning Question Response - Lunch Time
- Beginning Question Response - With Your Friends
- Beginning Question Response - Collecting Stamps
- Beginning Question Response - Your Birthplace
- Beginning Question Response - Starting Your Day
- Intermediate Question Response - Your Favorite Food
- Intermediate Question Response - Your Favorite Movie
- Intermediate Question Response - Your Favorite Song
- Intermediate Question Response - TV Programs
- Intermediate Question Response - Your Favorite Time
- Intermediate Question Response - Which Country?
- Intermediate Question Response - The Wisest Person
- Intermediate Question Response - Someone You Admire
- Advanced Question Response - A Great Accomplishment
- Advanced Question Response - The Most Exciting Thing
- Advanced Question Response - Oldest Memory
- Advanced Question Response - The Most Productive Day of the Week
- Advanced Question Response - An Interesting Person
- Advanced Question Response - What Have You Built?
- Advanced Question Response - What You Like to Read
Practical Writing Worksheets
- Beginning Practical - Grocery List
- Beginning Practical - TO Do List
- Beginning Practical - At the Beach
- Beginning Practical - The Newspaper
- Intermediate Practical - Absent From Work
- Intermediate Practical - Your Invitation
- Intermediate Practical - Paycheck
- Intermediate Practical - The New House
- Advanced Practical - Soccer Game Meeting
- Advanced Practical - Note About Dinner
- Advanced Practical - A Problem
- Advanced Practical - A Letter to Your Landlord
- Advanced Practical - A Product
Argumentative Writing Worksheets
- Intermediate Argumentative - Cat, Star, or Book?
- Intermediate Argumentative - Soccer or Basketball?
- Intermediate Argumentative - Giving and Receiving
- Intermediate Argumentative - Does Practice Make Perfect?
- Advanced Argumentative - Five Dollars or a Lottery Ticket?
- Advanced Argumentative - The Most Important Word
- Advanced Argumentative - An Apple
- Advanced Argumentative - Too Many Cooks
- Beginning Writing Worksheet
- Intermediate Writing Worksheet
- Advanced Writing Worksheet
Using Precise Language
- Using Precise Language - An Introduction
- Using Precise Language Practice Quiz
Learn English Vocabulary Through Pictures with 150 Topics
Vocabulary Exercises A1
English Vocabulary Exercises for A1 with Answers.
Vocabulary Exercises A2
English Vocabulary Exercises for A2 with Answers.
Vocabulary Exercises B1
English Vocabulary Exercises for B1 with Answers.
Vocabulary Exercises B2
English Vocabulary Exercises for B2 with Answers.
FULL Grammar Exercises
FULL English Grammar Exercises with Answers
Verbs and Tenses Exercises
English Verbs and Tenses Exercises with Answers and Explanations
Grammar Exercises A1
English Grammar Exercises for A1 with Answers
Grammar Exercises A2
English Grammar Exercises for A2 with Answers
Grammar Exercises B1
English Grammar Exercises for B1 with Answers
Grammar Exercises B2
English Grammar Exercises for B2 with Answers
Listening Exercises Beginner
English Listening Exercises for Beginner with Answers
Listening Exercises A1
English Listening Exercises for A1 with Answers
Listening Exercises A2
English Listening Exercises for A2 with Answers
Listening Exercises B1
English Listening Exercises for B1 with Answers
Listening Exercises B2
English Listening Exercises for B2 with Answers
Listening Tests A1
Practice Listening Tests for A1 with Answers & Transcripts
Listening Tests A2
Practice Listening Tests for A2 with Answers & Transcripts
Listening Tests B1
Practice Listening Tests for B1 with Answers & Transcripts
Listening Tests B2
Practice Listening Tests for B2 with Answers & Transcripts
Word Skills Exercises A1
English Word Skills Exercises for A1 with Answers
Word Skills Exercises A2
English Word Skills Exercises for A2 with Answers
Word Skills Exercises B1
English Word Skills Exercises for B1 with Answers
Word Skills Exercises B2
English Word Skills Exercises for B2 with Answers
Reading Exercises A1
English Reading Exercises for A1 with Answers
Reading ExercisesC A2
English Reading Exercises for A2 with Answers
Reading Exercises B1
English Reading Exercises for B1 with Answers
Reading Exercises B2
English Reading Exercises for B2 with Answers
Speaking Exercises A1
English Speaking Exercises for A1 with Answers
Speaking Exercises A2
English Speaking Exercises for A2 with Answers
Speaking Exercises B1
English Speaking Exercises for B1 with Answers
Speaking Exercises B2
English Speaking Exercises for B2 with Answers
Writing Exercises A1
English Writing Exercises for A1 with Answers
Writing Exercises A2
English Writing Exercises for A2 with Answers
Writing Exercises B1
English Writing Exercises for B1 with Answers
Writing Exercises B2
English Writing Exercises for B2 with Answers
Practice KET Listening Tests with Answers & Audioscripts
Practice PET Listening Tests with Answer & Audioscripts
Practice FCE Listening Tests with Answer & Audioscripts
Practice Toeic Listening Tests with Answer & Transcripts
Article Level 1
Improve your ability to speak English
Article Level 2
Article level 3, article level 4, conversations.
Listening Practice Through Dictation with Transcripts
English Writing Exercises for B2 – A report
English Writing Exercises for B2
1. read the task and the report below. how many measures does the writer:.
a assess? …..
b suggest? …..
Last year, your town council took measures to make your town cleaner and greener. The council would like to hear your views on the measures they have taken and also any suggestions for future improvements.
The aim of this report is to assess the measures taken by the council and to put forward recommendations for further action.
Benefits of the measures taken
According to most residents, the new pedestrian zone is a great success. It was also thought that the bike lanes improved road safety. The coach park on the outskirts of the town has also met with approval, as coaches no longer drive into the centre where the streets are very narrow.
Disadvantages of the measures
The increase in parking charges has discouraged people from driving into town, but local shops and businesses are suffering because fewer people come into town to shop. What is more, it would seem that these charges adversely affect disabled people and elderly people who rely on their cars.
Suggestions for future improvements
The majority of residents are of the opinions that there are not enough open green spaces. In my opinion, it would therefore be worth creating a new park on the wasteland near the station. I would suggest that more free parking places for disabled and elderly people are created. In conclusion, the council has made a good start, but a lot more could be done.
Write your report.
a 4 (new pedestrian zone, bike lanes, new coach park, increase in parking charges)
b 2 (create a new park, more free parking for disabled and elderly people)
2. KEY PHRASES Put the phrases in the correct groups. Which are in the article?
It is recommended that … It was reported that …
It was thought that … On balance, …
Taking all the points into consideration, …
This report is intended to …
The aim of this report is to …
The report is based on / draws on …
It would seem that …
According to …
(People) were of the opinion that …
Summing up / Giving your opinion
In conclusion, … To conclude, … To sum up, …
Recommending / Suggesting
I would suggest …
In my opinion, it would be worth …
1 This report is intended to …
2 It was thought that … / It was reported that …
3 It was reported that … / It was thought that …
4 On balance, … / Taking all the points into consideration, …
5 Taking all the points into consideration, … / On balance, …
6 It is recommended that …
When writing a report:
– think carefully about the target reader and write in an appropriate style and tone.
– state the purpose of the report in the first paragraph and any recommendations and suggestions in the final paragraph.
– consider using headings where appropriate to give the report a clear structure.
3. Read the Writing Strategy and the task below. Make notes under the headings.
Last year, your school took measures to make it cleaner and greener. The head teacher would like to hear your views on the measures they have taken and also any suggestions for future improvements.
Your opinion of measures taken
Suggestions for further improvements
your own answers
4. Write your report.
In an opinion essay, you need to use linking expressions to connect and extend your ideas. Not all linking expressions are used in the same position in a sentence.
1. Read the Strategy. Choose the correct answers.
1 Participating in a campaign can be rewarding. Besides / Too , you can make new friends.
2 Petitions are a useful means of gathering support for a cause. Demonstrations can attract many followers also / as well .
3 Social media posts can sometimes attract unwelcome responses. Our posts can be shared on other people’s timelines in addition / too .
4 Selecting the appropriate security settings is important. Furthermore / As well , it is advisable to check who might be able to view and to share our posts.
1 Besides 2 as well 3 too 4 Furthermore
2. Read the task below and write your essay.
Some people use their social media accounts to express and publicise their political views. Is this a good idea? Write an essay in which you express your opinion, taking into consideration what effect it may have on the people writing the posts and people responding to them.
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – A letter to a newspaper
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – A story
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – An article
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – An opinion essay
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – A letter of complaint
- English Writing Exercises for B2 – A blog post
Submit a Comment Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Download World Class eBooks
Pin It on Pinterest
Report – examples & model answers | C1 Advanced (CAE)
A report is usually developed for a superior (e.g. a teacher) or a peer group (e.g. members of an English club). The question identifies the subject of the composition and the areas to be covered. Candidates must provide some factual information and make recommendations, but there is space for them to incorporate their own ideas and experiences.
Click to see how to write C1 Advanced (CAE) Report.
FCE, CAE, CPE
Practice, write & improve, cae report example: charity.
At the college where you study English, you recently organised a special day to raise money for charity. The Principal of the college has asked you for a report about the day. In your report, you should outline what activities were organised, evaluate the success of the day and make suggestions for future fundraising events.
Write your report .
CAE Report: Example Answer (Grade: 4)
REPORT – THE CHARITY DAY
INTRODUCTION The principle aims of this report is to provide information about The Chariety Day which took place on the last Sunday. It was organized to support The Centre for parentless children in Chicago.
WHAT WAS HAPPENING THERE? The purpose of the event was to raise money for the CPC. Visitors could try numerous activities they might not have a chance to try normally. Activities offered included:
• horseback riding • curling • golf • fencing and many other.
WHAT WAS SUCCESSFUL? It made us very happy that all all the people who came could find something they liked. Either adults accompanying their songs and daughters or children just entering an elementary school had a lot of fun. The most favoured activity was definitely curling. Visitors of all ages kept coming and purchasing tickets allowing them to participate in the game.
A group of people willing to donate money to the CPC is also hoeld for to be a great success since The Charity Day’s aim was to support the CPC as much as possible.
RECOMMENDATIONS Although As far as reaching the day’s target is concerned, I must state that the event was has been the most successful fundraising action at our school this year. However, not everything went well during the day. Plans were not thinking about the possibility of rain and when it began to rain in the morning, it seemed just a few people would turn up and have fun in at the playground of the school. Fortunately, it stopped 20 minutes later and the weather was pleasant for the rest of the day. Therefore, both dry and wet scenarios have to be designed next time
Get Your (CAE) Report Checked!
After the event I organised with the other school representatives, in order to raise funds for charity, it can be said that it was a success. This even made a really good image for the school, even because most of the students came.
The event took place last saturday afternoon, and every member of the school was invited with the family and friends who desires to participate. Being close to the Christhmas period we organised invited people to bring clothes, toys, books and everything they would like to donate to less fortunate people. All those things were then given to me as a charity associati association that help people of the city and even of other countries such as Romania and Brazil.
Af Beyond of this we even sold creative christhmas object that two classes made during a workshop in the last month. For entertaining everybody with something useful two associations and a society and the other one came to present themselves and their activities. After this people were free to make offers and the amazing thing is that most of the participants gave us donated something.
This day shoud to be considered a real success because of the high number of people who came, which is around 500 five hundreds. The positive thing is that every b everyone participated actively and happily in a way I have rarely seen. Many objects and money moneys were donated and this improved the life of many people with little effort.
Concluding I suggest to do this event every year around the Christmas Christhmas period bea because is a way of doing something positive in an easy and happy way. Not only because many people came, but also because we helped many unlike families.
CAE Report Example: Job
You have just completed six months in a new job. In preparation for a progress meeting, you have been asked to write a report to your manager. Your report should explain what you feel you have achieved in the job so far, describe any problems you have had, and suggest any future training that would be suitable.
CAE Report: Example Answer (Grade: 3)
My job at the wolfcraft company
This report is about my new job as a product designer at the wolfcraft company and about my first six months of work experience.
The working conditions
When I first came here for an interview I got very impressed by the architecture of the main building. This still excites me every day when I go in to get to my room where I have been working from the first day on.
I really like the working atmosphere in here not just because my colleagues are very friendly and we do lots of projects in groups. When started working here six months ago my task was to design little products, for instance screwdrewers. But now I am allowed to work on bigger and more important projects which motivates me to put a lot of effort in my work. For me there is only one problem concerning my job at the wolfcraft company. We have many workers coming here by car so it is really hard to get my car parked if I am not very early in the morning. For me there is no possibility to get here with public transport because in my home town there isn’t even a small train station.
I have already had a training to improve my skills concerning the work with the new computer programme. I think the company should continue offering these training so we can keep up to date.
So all in all, I am very happy with my job here.
CAE Report Example: Language programme
You have just finished a three-week study and work programme in an English-speaking country. You studied English language in the mornings and worked for a local company in the afternoons. The programme organiser has asked you to write a report about your experience. In your report, you should evaluate the programme, explaining which part of the programme was more useful, and suggest changes you would recommend for next year’s programme.
Write your report
Report on the three-week study and work programme
Introduction The purpose of this report is to evaluate the effiency of the three week study and work programme. It is based on my personal experience, which I recieved while taking part in the aforementioned programme.
General Findings The programme as a whole was very engaging and helpful. As it took place in the language environment, many aspects of the English-language, which will not be taught in the class room, could be learned through this programme.
Points worthy of praise The programme has found many buisnesses, with which they cooperate, therefore I could choose between many companies in which to complete the work part of the programme. While working for a company I learned a substantial amount of phrases and other jargon specific to that field, which makes the programme very useful, should you manage to be employed by a company, which deals with a subject you are interested in.
Issues No issues can be raised about the work part of the programme. However the English classes that take place in the morning offer no substantial benefit over classes taken in my home country, even if they are taught by a native speaker.
Suggestions Firstly the organizer of the programme should increase the amount of time, that is spent working during the programme and reduce the amount of classes taken. Moreover the organizer should keep finding more companies with which to cooperate, to make the programme attractive to more people with different intrests.
CAE Report Example: Education
An International research group is investigating attitudes to education in different parts of the world. You have been asked to write a report on education in your country. Your report should address the following questions:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of education in your country?
- What educational developments would you like to see in your country in the future?
CAE Report: Model Answer (Grade: 5)
The Education System in Italy
The purpose of this report is to give a brief overview of the current education system in Italy, its strengths and weaknesses, and to make some recommendations for the future.
All state schools in Italy work to a broad-based curriculum, in which students study a wide range of subjects until the final year of compulsory education. This gives students a more balanced education than is the case in countries where pupils are obliged to specialize in fewer subjects at an earlier age. In addition, emphasis is placed on continuity of teaching, so that teachers may often work with the same class for several years.
Teachers in Italy are recruited on the basis of national lists, rather than by individual schools. This often means that a teacher from one part of Italy may be forced to accept a job in another region, or lose their place on the waiting list. As a result, teachers often have little personal loyalty to their colleagues or their superiors. In addition, teachers are paid according to a national scale rather than on merit, and once in place are practically impossible to remove. This means that teachers have little motivation to do more than the bare minimum required or develop professionally. Many teachers, indeed, have second jobs which they perform after school hours.
In the future I would like to see more autonomy given to individual schools over recruitment. In this way, a head teacher would be able to select the teachers according to the real needs of the institution. They should also have the power to sanction and ultimately remove unsatisfactory teachers and reward merit
What is your level of English?
- Cookies Policy
- Web Development
Worksheet on Filling in the blank in Report writing.
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
English Practice Downloadable PDF Grammar and Vocabulary Worksheets
Writing worksheets (b1).
This sections provides you with downloadable PDF writing tasks.
New Writing Worksheets
- ESS012 - Essay : Social Networking Websites
- ESS011 - Essay: School and Part-Time Work
- ESS010 - Essay: Discrimination of Women
- ESS009 - Essay : Home By Ten ?
- ESS008 - Essay : Extreme Activities
- ESS007 - Essay: Becoming Happy By Helping Others
- ESS006 - Essay : Time Management
- ESS005 - Essay: Immigrants In A New Country
- ESS004 - Essay : Teenagers and Their Free Time
- BLC003 - Blog Comment : Are Facebook Friends Real Friends?
- ESS003 - Essay : The Importance of Learning Foreign Languages
- EML003 - Application Email: Summer Camp Volunteer
- EML002 - Email : Coping With Stress
- EML001 - Email to the Agony Aunt
- STO001 - Short Story - A Surprising Find
- BLC002 - Blog Comment : Reality Shows Are A Waste Of Time
- BLC001 - Blog Comment : Coping With Stress
- ESS002 - Essay : Daily Exercise in Schools
- ESS001 - Essay : Healthy Nutrition
- Adjective - Adverb
- Gerund and Infinitive
- Modal Verbs
- Reported Speech
- Passive Voice
- Definite and Indefinite Articles
- Relative Clauses
- Questions and Negations
- Question Tags
- Language in Use
- Word Formation
- General Vocabulary
- Topical Vocabulary
- Key Word Transformation
- Letters and Emails
- Blog Posts and Comments
- Connectives and Linking Phrases
- Phrasal Verbs
- Collocations and Phrases
- Professional Development
- Activities & Games
- Teachable Songs
- Teachers’ Articles
- Bac Vocabulary
- Bac GRAMMAR
- Bac Function
- Bac Writing
- New Teacher’s Corner
- Teaching Jobs
- Resume/CV Templates
- Advertise with us
- Share Your Lesson
- Share Your Video Lesson
How to Create An Amazing Educational Video Fast and Easily with…
Alternatives to “how was your summer holiday”, technology for differentiated instruction in english language teaching, projects vs. project-based learning: what’s the difference, 9 simple ideas to motivate your students. have you tried them, how to ensure successful role-plays in the classroom, 10 creative powerpoint warm-up riddles for classroom, 8 most engaging esl/efl halloween games, edutainment for efl class, 7 stunning activities to make end of year remarkable for…, top 20 teachable songs with downloadable worksheets, discover morocco: breathtaking documentary., song activity for “earth day” : what a wonderful world by…, “i will survive” : amazing song a teacher shouldn’t miss in…, listening activity : another day in paradise song – full quiz, native or non-native english teacher: is this a legitimate question, the j factor and fun pedagogy in efl classes, e-learning in morocco: now and beyond, lesson planning: a deep design versus a shallow design, “why teachers should be aware of what’s being shared on social…, writing a report: simple examples and ideas (pdf worksheet).
A- Study the following report example
Our school citizenship club organized a seminar about dropping out of school in rural areas. It took place in the activities room of the school on April 25th, 2022.
About 100 people including students, teachers, parents, and political officials attended this seminar. There were different activities during this event such as presentations, mini-lectures, and workshops.
To conclude, the event was very informative and successful.
B- Use the following information to complete the report :
Download the full worksheet: Report writing
I-to-i tefl course program ( review), international tefl academy (ita) – review, mytefl program- tefl course provider( review), take a look and see why ittt is the perfect tefl provider..
- Offering high quality training Since 1998
- 120.000 graduates worldwide
- Training centers in 15+ countries
- Hard Copy Certificate sent after graduation.
- Internationally recognized.
- Lifetime job guidance and support
- Partnerships with many leading recruitment companies.
- No hidden costs Apply now and get an exclusive discount of 10%
All writing samples for bac exam 2020 جميع النماذج (topics related..., american headway english courses : starter, 1-4 + audios, bac2 most common exam writing types – part2 ( letter &..., american accent training , audio files, collection of reading texts for beginners (a1), linking words to express “concession” with useful examples.
RECENTLY ADDED RESCOURCES
How to master essay writing: helpful tips for students, download review of all bac2 functions ( 2-page pdf), word collocations summary + practice with exams ( 2-page pdf).
5 best apps for learning english and other languages, writing a biography: simple examples and ideas (pdf worksheet), popular posts, popular category.
- Teachers' Materials 258
- Teachers' Articles 64
- Professional Development 58
- Lessons & Quizzes 52
- Bac GRAMMAR 52