Web 2.0 digital tools selection: online presentation tools.
by William Guth
In Part 1 of this series, Web 2.0 Digital Tools Selection Criteria , I shared a method for evaluating digital learning tools that may find their way into our online courses. In this continuation entry, I will demonstrate the method in action by discussing tools which I evaluated as part of my course work for Introduction to Online Presentation Tools .
If you missed the last entry and want a quick catch up, the premise of the Web 2.0 Digital Tools Selection Criteria is to quickly evaluate proposed learning tools by measuring their user-friendliness against a thorough checklist which tests for: Accessibility, Usability, Privacy & Intellectual Property protection, Workload & Time Management, and Fun Factor.
The main objective of the course was to explore and evaluate promising alternatives to PowerPoint for presenting information online. In order to familiarize ourselves with the selection criteria the course presented us with a variety of popular technologies to test and select for our evaluations. Click to view the full list of tools and have fun exploring.
Each participant was tasked with selecting two to three from the list to evaluate against the selection criteria checklist, explain how they might use it in their own online course, and whether not we would recommend it to others.
At the time of my participation I was developing an asynchronous Integrated Marketing Communications course with a final presentation component, and a need to present large swaths of numerical data visually; so I chose Google Slides, VoiceThread, and Infogr.am.
The course learning objectives these tools to would need to support were:
- To effectively communicate financial consequences of businesses in the areas of strategic intent, profitability, capital returns and shareholder value as it evolves in a digital age; meaning, can you prove that your retail business is Amazon proof.
- use ratios to analyze and explain a firm’s liquidity and activity,
- use ratios to analyze and explain a firm’s profitability and its market value, and
- explain the interactions of the financial statements through financial ratios.
At first glance, Google Slides probably seems like low-hanging fruit. It’s basically a stripped down version of Microsoft Power Point available free online and supported by Google). For our working professional students that makes it easy to learn (Usability). University enrolled students have single-sign-on access to Google Apps through @u.northwestern.edu (Access/Privacy). Work can be shared internally among students/faculty for collaboration and review, or embedded in the Canvas (Privacy/Workload & Time Management). And the software can be used to include multimedia (Fun Factor) Google Slides easily ticked all the boxes on the checklist.
I felt compelled to try VoiceThread in that it had been recommended by many colleagues before as an alternative discussion tool that could infuse greater social interaction. And as I would come to learn it has easy to use features for incorporating media from a variety of sources allowing participants to layer comments and other media. This type presentation and discussion can not only ramp up asynchronous social interaction, but can introduce active learning opportunities to instructional materials and discussion which take on a life of their own. (Fun Factor, Usability). Designed for education, the web based platform platform operates on most browsers and is accommodates the needs of differently-abled learners such as dyslexic or ADHD, hearing impaired and beyond (Access).
Additionally, I felt obligated to test the tool as despite our best efforts many faculty insist on recording voice over PowerPoint. While VoiceThread is not V.O.P.P . you can utilizes many aspects of the V.O.P.P. approach that faculty are familiar with when it comes to teaching them about the platform and its robust features (Usability). Testing the software helped me discover what to listen for in order to confidently recommend it as an alternative when faced with the prospect of V.O.P.P.
My experience with VoiceThread was much like interactive and rich media production of all kinds. Scripting and pre-production proved to be essential tools for success, a basic knowledge of your computer’s recording tools are required, and it can serve as more than an alternative tool for discussions. The tool can be integrated with LMS systems (e.g. Canvas) and set-up for single sign-on much the way we access BlueJeans (Workload & Time Management, Privacy 7 Intellectual Property)
Check out this example that I created.
( Note: The first slide has no interaction, simply click next slide arrow in the lower right to continue.)
I was drawn to Infogr.am as I have always sought easy to use software and platforms for generating info graphics. These are eye catching graphics for statistics and viral messaging that have taken hold in public and social media. And although Infogr.am is was not designed for the social media purpose, it is a web based platform designed to visualize data and present it in an interactive way (Usability/Fun Factor). Several platforms have this as a feature in some form or another and have a built in utility for importing or linking data for your chart, however, Infogr.am is dedicated solely to data representation and interactivity. This is both its strength and its weakness.
If you’re looking to represent your data visually, Infogr.am has templates and themes as far as the eye can see for charts, graphs, maps and infographics (or reports,) and can accept data in several formats including .csv upload, and .json feed, or update dynamically from Google Sheets.
Each type of graphic is interactive in that you can click, toggle, and hover to display different aspects of the data so there is great potential for students to interact with data and learn from these interactions.
Nebula: A Graphic Interface for Discussion Forums
Copying a Canvas Course with Panopto Videos
Ready, Set, Collaborate!
Student Video Assignments
One response to “ Web 2.0 Digital Tools Selection: Online Presentation Tools ”
Amazing Post William, Thanks for sharing it with us.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
Project Hope Alabama
Creating Multimedia Presentations
Overview of the Module
This module provides resources and tips for creating multimedia presentations using web2.0 tools. This module was created to support teachers and students with promoting and raising awareness for an anti-bullying campaign.
What exactly will teachers find in this module?
Teachers will find a variety of resources that students can use to create an anti-bullying campaign. A mini-lesson for creating a storyboard to support writing for a Public Service Announcement is included, along with links to suggested Web2.0 platforms. Tutorials are also provided for two of the recommended tools: Shadow Puppet and Animoto. These tutorials are provided to support the teacher and students as they learn how to use the tools, as well as provide examples of projects that have been created using the apps.
Why is this module important?
This module is important because it provides recommendations for student-friendly web 2.0 tools that students can use to create and share content related to their anti-bullying campaign.
How does this module connect to bullying?
This module includes student-friendly web 2.0 tools that can be used to create and share content that will raise awareness about bullying. Students can use these tools to create a video, slideshow, short skit, a picture with a voice-over, or cartoon about the effects of bullying, the signs of bullying, and a campaign that supports the end of bullying by #StandingUp.
Additional Resources for Teachers
Tutorial for Shadow Puppet
Tutorial for Animoto
Suggested Web 2.0 Tools
- Powtoon: https://www.powtoon.com/home/
- Shadow Puppet: https://www.commonsense.org/education/app/shadow-puppet-edu
- Toontastic: https://toontastic.withgoogle.com/
- Do Ink Green Screen: http://www.doink.com/
- VoiceThread: https://voicethread.com/
- Flip Grid: https://info.flipgrid.com/
- Pictello: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pictello/id397858008?mt=8
- WeVideo: https://www.wevideo.com/
- ThingLink: https://www.thinglink.com/
- Animoto Sample Bullying PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8KkyyPnQfA
- https://toontastic.withgoogle.com/ (Click on social action and watch video.)
* Show 1-2 examples of anti-bullying campaigns created by students
- What About Us? 4th Grade Anti-Bullying Campaign: https://youtu.be/JBaYOP8CNGA
- Anti-Bullying Campaign: Are You That One? https://youtu.be/Hh1ReLlnBng
Reflect on the Anti-Bullying Campaigns:
- As we watched this video what were you feeling?
- Have you ever been bullied?
- Have you ever been the bully?
- Have you ever taken a stand against bullying?
- Have you ever thought about an anti-bullying campaign?
- What would you do to stop the bullying?
- Why should we stand up to bullying?
Mini-Lesson: Writing a Storyboard for an Anti-Bullying PSA/Campaign
- View and analyze a popular PSA: No Kid Hungry: https://youtu.be/2RUYkzJio24
- Identify the message.
- What tactics were used to communicate the message?
- How has this message become part of our collective psyche?
- Do the videos use positive reinforcement to encourage positive behavior or change?
- I n the blank boxes, draw images of what you want to show on the screen.
- On the lines underneath, write the audio portion. In the “audio” lines, write music, sound effects, and dialogue.
- In the Special Effects (SFX) line, write any effects, such as distortion, blur, and color alteration.
- In the “Superscript” line, write any text, such as titles or credits, that you want to add to the screen.
PSA Storyboard: https://www.scholastic.com/content/dam/teachers/sponsored-content/drive2life/2017-2018/NRSF_612_Graphic%20Organizer.pdf
*Content for mini-lesson adapted from: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/sponsored-content/drive2life/2017-2018/promote-safe-driving-creative-psa-project/
Brainstorm important reminders before filming.
- Be professional – no laughing or talking to other people when recording.
- Talk at a normal pace (not too fast and not too slow).
- Think about your audience.
- View the sample tutorial videos for using Shadow Puppet: https://youtu.be/uVSap1uoXt8 and https://youtu.be/UeamNgWQMAc
- Step 1: Record a 15-20 second video or take a picture.
- Step 2: Open the app and tap “create new”. The app will automatically go to the camera roll on the device first. Choose the video clip or photo you want to import.
- Step 3: Scroll down to show students how to search the web for images. This is important if students choose to create a voice over.
- Step 4: Tap reorder at the bottom left *if necessary.
- Step 5: Tap next.
- Step 6: Add text/audio to slide.
- Step 7: Record voiceover for slide *if necessary
- Step 8: Pause recording * if necessary (complete steps 6 & 7 after every group)
- Step 9: Press save at the bottom right
Resources for the Teacher:
- View the sample videos before you create your first Animoto:
- Step 1: Sign up for the “free trial” account.
- Step 2: Choose the option Slideshow Video Builder
- Step 3: Select your video style (Air, Carousel, Color Frame, Documentary, etc)
- Step 4: Create, preview and produce your video.
- *A link will be sent to your email after the video has been produced.
Web 2.0 tools
More Related Content
What's hot ( 20 )
Viewers also liked
Viewers also liked ( 6 )
Similar to Web 2.0 tools
Similar to Web 2.0 tools ( 20 )
More from Teresa
More from Teresa ( 20 )
Recently uploaded ( 20 )
- 1. Web 2.0 Tools Tools and Internet programmes useful in education
- 2. Web 2.0 Tools • Tools for creating a slide show • Multimedia presentations online • Drawing and editing graphics • Documents online • Collaboration tools • Quizzes, tests, puzzles • Animations • Blogs – Portfolios - Wiki
- 3. Tools for creating a slide show (photos, video)
- 4. Animoto Animoto turns your photos and video clips into professional video slideshows in minutes. Fast, free and shockingly simple - we make awesome easy.
- 5. Flickr Flickr is online photo management and sharing application. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog. It takes less than a minute to create your free account & start sharing!
- 6. Flixtime FlixTime turns your photos and videos into stunning and unique videos in just minutes! Sign-up for a free account, and upload your images, videos and music. Then, sit back and watch your masterpiece come together!
- 7. FotoViewr FotoViewr is an elegant, easy to use slide show flash component that can be connected to any website. Using FotoViewr is so simple, anyone can use it. FotoViewr uses photos on Flicr and SmugMug. Photos are automatically downloaded. No registration is required.
- 8. Google + Fast and easy photo sharing ... For creating documents, you must create an account.
- 9. ImageShack ImageShack's mission is to provide an easy-to-use media hosting service: photo albums, videos, slideshows. ImageShack allows you to create photoblogs using a simple template and to create slideshows.
- 10. Imgur Imgur is used to share photos. Imgur is a simple photo hosting service that lets users upload and post images online.
- 11. iWebPhoto iWebPhoto offers free photo uploads, free flash slide shows and free picture image hosting. Share your photos with the world! Create impressive online photo albums and free flash slide show - link them anywhere on the web for free! Add photo descriptions, colorful photo album backgrounds and more!
- 12. Kizoa Free service to create slideshows and edit photos with fun effects, animations, music and more! Users start the slideshow creation process by dragging photos onto a sliding photo reel at the bottom of the editing page. After adding photos to the reel, can choose from thousands of different effects animations, transitions, texts and other options.
- 13. Minus Minus is the fun, simple way to share your files. Free and unlimited file sharing for your images, videos, music and documents. A universal file sharing platform that lets you share, explore and connect.
- 14. Mixbook Mixbook is the easy and fun way to make completely customizable photo books, cards, and calendars on the web – for free. Photo Books - the world’s most customizable photo books, with gorgeous professional designs for books about your school, family, vacation, sports team, and more!
- 15. Pearltrees A place to organize, discover and share everything you like on the web.
- 16. PhotoPeach Automatically make your own free slide show in seconds. Upload photos, pick music, add captions in the show, and more!
- 17. PhotoSnack With PhotoSnack create elegant flash photo slideshows with music, and share them with your friends and family. The latest updates: - add music to photo slideshows - add photos from Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket and SmugMug - 24 slideshow templates, all free.
- 18. PictureTrail PictureTrail is an online photo sharing and image hosting website. The free account gives you 36 photos or 20MB of storage, whichever comes first . You can add music to each album and view your pictures as a slideshow.
- 19. Roxio PhotoShow Make free photo slideshows online with Roxio PhotoShow! Upload photos or import from Facebook, Flickr or Picasa. 1. Add pictures and videos you want included in your show. 2. View an automatically generated slideshow and customize it until you love it.
- 20. SlideMyPics SlideMyPics allows users to build and share slideshows in three steps. The user begins by adding photos through one of their third party accounts. Users can import photos from Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, PhotoBucket and SmugMug.
- 21. Slideoo Just to add to the photos on Flickr and a few seconds you have a beautiful slide show in the form of a sliding strip.
- 22. Slideroll Slideroll is a photo slideshow maker that you can use to create slide shows with your photos. Publish your slideshows on the internet, put them on Facebook, MySpace or YouTube, and e-mail.
- 23. Smilebox You can choose your design, add photos, videos, words, music. You can sent it on email, blog or print it.
- 24. Stupeflix Stupeflix is a web service to simplify video creation. Choose beautiful theme to your video. Add photos and video clips from your computer, or directly from your Facebook, Flickr, or Picasa photo albums. Tell your story with Title Slides between photos, or Captions on top of photos and maps. Add maps to your videos by simply entering an address.
- 25. TripWow In minutes, create an amazing slideshow using your vacation pictures from your computer or Facebook albums and easily share it with family and friends. Your slideshow will have maps that will make your pictures look like they're part of a travel TV show. We'll automatically pick the best music and effects, but you can also customize everything to make it truly yours.
- 26. VUVOX VUVOX allows you to create interactive slideshows and presentations from photos, video and music from Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, YouTube, Facebook. VUVOX is an easy to use production and instant sharing service that allows you to mix, create and blend your media – video, photos and music.
- 27. Webshots Share photos, videos and slideshows on Webshots and your personal website.
- 28. VisioBot VisioBot.com - a tool to create movies. To make your movie, you have to go through 3 steps.
- 29. YouTube YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by in February 2005, on which users can upload, view and share videos. The company uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video content, including movie clips, TV clips, and music videos, as well as amateur content such as video blogging and short original videos.
- 30. Zentation Zentation combines video and slides to create online presentations that best simulate the live experience. Easily create high-end webinars, webcasts, elearning, training and virtual events. Save your live presentations with powerpoints, or other media, to support.
- 31. Multimedia presentations online
- 32. authorSTREAM Upload your presentations and share them with your friends (publicly or privately). You can even add video and/ or audio by recording it directly within the site! You can also create your very own greetings in PowerPoint, upload to authorSTREAM privately and send as a greeting card.
- 33. Embedit.in You can embed files into your webpages - support most image, text and doc formats. Point out specific passages or portions of a document for your audience. Just use the red pen tool on your embed page, and your annotations will appear when your embed is added to your website.
- 34. HelloSlide HelloSlide transforms your slides into a rich audiovisual format, recreating the experience of a live lecture. Simply upload your presentation, type the speech for each slide, and HelloSlide automagically generates the audio. HelloSlide gives more exposure to your presentations, making them searchable, editable, and available in 20 different languages.
- 35. MyPlick Upload your presentation documents in a variety of formats such as powerpoint, pdf, openoffice odp, etc. Upload an audio file and have the option to synchronize the audio with your slides using our online easy-to-use sync tool.
- 36. myBrainshark You can upload your presentation, document or video. Narrate it, share it, track it. Create voice-over presentations. Make talking photo albums. Upload a video or screencast. Narrate documents. You can share your presentation links via email or social media and embed them in your website or blog.
- 37. PowerShow PowerShow enables you to view & share PowerPoint presentations online complete with: audio, video, music, animations, transition effects, hyperlinks & more. With PowerShow.com you can upload your PowerPoint presentations and they will be automatically converted to a multimedia Flash slide shows in minutes.
- 38. Prezentit Prezentit is a website that lets you create, edit, and show online presentations easily and without downloading or installing anything.
- 39. Prezi Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software that opens up a new world between whiteboards and slides. The zoomable canvas makes it fun to explore ideas and the connections between them. The result: visually captivating presentations that lead your audience down a path of discovery.
- 40. SlideBoom SlideBoom is a free portal where anyone can host and upload and share PowerPoint presentations online.
- 41. Sliderocket SlideRocket provides presentation software that helps you create & share presentations. The gallery is full of beautiful, ready-to-use presentations to help you transform Plain Jane PowerPoint into stunning SlideRocket presentations.
- 42. SlideServe SlideServe is the another way to Upload and Share Your PowerPoint presentations Online. Embed or Email the presentations to social networking sites, blogs and friends.
- 43. SlideShare SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations. Upload and share on blogs, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. 50 million people use SlideShare every month for research, sharing ideas, connecting with others, and generating business leads. SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, and videos.
- 44. SlideSix Slidesix is multimedia enabled presentation sharing. Simply upload, add multimedia, enhance and share! Slidesix allows users to upload their public or private presentations and share them across all Web browsers. Slidesix supports multimedia creation so that users can record video narration to accompany their presentations and walk viewers through each slide.
- 45. SlideSnack SlideSnack tool is not only easy to upload and share your projects, but it gives you the possibility to record voice comments over them (slidecast) or make notes on a book.
- 46. Vcasmo Vcasmo – online multimedia presentation and sharing solution. Synchronise a video and a slideshow side by side. Embed into any webpage. Vcasmo is a online multimedia presentation and sharing solution for enhancing online presentations with audio and video footage, it’s a two in one device.
- 47. Zoho Show Zoho Show - online presentation service for creating, editing and sharing presentations. Presentations created with Zoho Show can be accessed, edited and imported from any computer with an internet connection.
- 48. Drawing and editing graphics photo galleries
- 49. ArtPad ArtPad is the place for art lessons, classes and workshops. Express yourself with the art.com ArtPad, where you create art as unique as you are.
- 50. BeFunky With BeFunky anyone can become an artist. With just single click , you can create your desired effects easily. BeFunky lets you apply photo effects, enhance, edit pictures and photos online. Cartoon, sketch, painting, pop art and more effects.
- 51. Beeclip Beeclip is a fun and easy way to create awesome scrapbooks with your photos and videos.
- 52. Dermandar Easily create and share 360 panoramas with fast online freeware, embed the result in your blog. No registration, no dowload or install.
- 53. Dumpr Dumpr is where you create marvellous photos to share with your friends. Dumpr brings awesome visual effects of a single mouse click. You can now create incredible photo mosaics, Rubik's Cubes and simulate pencil sketches!
- 54. EasyMoza EasyMoza is a online programme with which you can easily make your own photo mosaic. If you like the result, it is possible to save your photo mosaic to your computer. After that you can print your photo mosaic anywhere you want.
- 55. FlauntR FlauntR is also a free Online image editing tool. With FlauntR you can apply stunning one-click effects to your digital photos for free. Convert edited photos into posters, canvas prints, and greeting cards and also lots of one-click options to edit your digital photos instantly.
- 56. FotoFlexer FotoFlexer is the advanced online digital photo editor. Bring your photos to life with animated shapes! It's easy to add and customize animation in your photos.
- 57. GalleryHosted GalleryHosted.com is an image hosting, photo sharing and photo slideshow service. It hosts images for sharing on forums and blogs. The application allows to download full galleries with one click.
- 58. Glogster Make your interactive poster easily and share it with friends. Mix images, text, music and video.
- 59. Jandex.Kraski The program lets us creating unusual drawings, collages and compositions. Besides a drawing function, it also offers animated elements and cliparts, which can make our illustrations more attractive.
- 60. Locr Locate your photos, discover the world and share with friends. Locr offers geo-enhanced photo sharing for mobile phone users and hobby photographers.
- 61. LoonaPix You can create funny compositions, add a photo in an unusual frame, embellish, distort, create calendars. In other words, thanks to LoonaPix we can have funny and unique pictures.
- 62. Loupe Loupe lets you to shape your photos the way you want. Now creating photo collages in seconds with just a few mouse clicks can be possible with Getloupe. At Getloupe.com, you can simply and quickly generate your new collage of your favorite photos.
- 63. PhotoFunia PhotoFunia is a online photo editing tool. Create cool photo effects. Select effect, upload your photo and download funny photo montage! Put your face on a billboard, a stamp, or in a Warhol-like work of pop-art. Become the Mona Lisa or a bodybuilder. You get over 150 scenes to play with.
- 64. Photovisi Photovisi is a free and easy to use online photo collage maker. Select one of the many designs, add your photos and then customize by dragging items around. After the collage is finished, it's available for download and print!
- 65. PiZap PiZap provides a very easy to use photo editor that lets you add photo effects, custom text or speech bubbles, hundreds of original colorful stickers, a full painting program, and much more. PiZap also has built in tools for sending e-cards, downloading your image, embedding your image in any website, or sharing the link directly to your image.
- 66. Pix.ie Pix.ie provides you with a safe place to upload, share and permanently store your photos. The service have loads of cool features to make photo sharing on the Internet fun, safe and easy. Right now Pix.ie offers a massive 500MB upload limit per month. That's up to 6GB per year for free.
- 67. Tuxpi Online photo editor - works directly in your web browser. Edit photos with many different effects. Change colors, create montages and add text to pictures. Rotate and resize pictures, add picture frames.
- 68. Sketchfu Welcome to Sketchfu, where you can draw and share. Sign in or sign up for a free account! You need Flash 8 or higher to see a replay of this drawing.
- 69. Stixy Stixy is an online tool for building collaboration across groups of individuals. The site works like an online bulletin board, where users can post photos, documents, notes and presentations.
- 70. Troovi Troovi is an easy photo exchange platform to share your photos in high quality. There's no need to register - Simply choose the photos you want to share and upload them. To share the photos with others all you have to do is to send them your unique link.
- 71. Glogster EDU Glogster EDU is a collaborative online learning platform for teachers and students to express their creativity, knowledge, ideas and skills in the classroom.
- 72. Tinypic TinyPic is a photo and video sharing service that lets you easily upload, link, and share your images and videos on MySpace, Scrapbooks, blogs, and message boards.
- 73. Documents online
- 74. Calameo Calameo is the place to publish and share your documents with your friends. Easily embed rich-media content to your publications like videos and audios.
- 75. Google sites Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere. Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more all in one For creating documents, you must create an account .
- 76. Issuu Issuu is a place where you can collect, share and publish in a format designed to make your documents look their very best. You can upload your ppt presentations or pdf documents.
- 77. Scribd Scribd is a Web 2.0 based document-sharing website which allows users to post documents of various formats, and embed them into a web page.
- 78. Toon Doo Toon Doo is a free open application that allows anyone to create a comic strip. All it takes to sign up is a username and password.
- 79. Youblisher Make your pdf documents flippable and quickly loading. It is like touching a real document. Can embed into any website. Just upload Pdf, and your book is made.
- 80. Collaboration tools
- 81. Bubbl.us Brainstorm online with Bubbl.us. Easily create colorful mindmaps to print or share with others.
- 82. Mapwing Mapwing makes it easy to build, share, and explore virtual tours. Use Mapwing to turn your digital photos into virtual tours that include interactive maps, images, and comments. Then, share your virtual tours with friends, clients, or the entire world.
- 83. Middlespot Create a personal dashboard across all your devices. It's the simplest way to view, read, and watch your documents, photos, links, and videos on all your devices. Organize your dashboard with simple drag, drop, resize and rotate features.
- 84. Tagxedo Tagxedo turns words - news articles, slogans and themes - into a visually stunning word cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.
- 85. Tripline Tripline is a cool new way to create animated maps that you can post right into your Facebook feed or embed on your site.
- 86. WallWisher WallWisher is a interactive cork board. Leave online messages for collegues and students with WallWisher. It's simple to use and can be used to post homework. It is an easy way to share a workspace either with students or colleagues
- 87. Wordle Wordle is a toy for generating "word clouds" from text that you provide. The clouds give greater emphasis to the words that appear frequently in the source text. You can edit your clouds of different fonts, layouts and color schemes.
- 88. Quizzes – crosswords - tests - puzzles
- 89. Jigsaw Planet Jigsaw Planet offers plugins through which you can connect your website with Jigsaw Planet. To put them on your web page insert some of the following HTML codes into the source code of the web page.
- 90. ProProfs On the ProProofs website we can play free logical games or create our own, including also puzzles and jigsaws.
- 91. Word Search Maker Word Search Maker to make word search puzzles. You can create your own word searches and - with a quick copy and paste - put them on your very own site.
- 92. Quiz Revolution Create a Quiz. Embed a great looking quiz widget in any website or blog without programming.
- 93. Puzzle Maker Choose a picture from your computer. You can use a photograph you took with your camera.
- 94. Animations
- 95. Gickr A free web service that allows you to instantly create Animated GIF online for free. All you have to do is upload pictures or get them from your Flickr account. Create funny flashy slideshows with you and your friends, cartoons, previews, banners, etc.
- 96. GIFninja Excellent, easy to use site for creating simple animated. You don't have any special skills, just create your images and upload them into the service. The site creates your gif for you.
- 97. MyspaceGens Create a GIF in just 3 easy steps. Fast, easy, high quality, no watermarks. Start by selecting a size and speed, then just upload and arrange your pictures. You can easily go back to edit or customize your GIF.
- 98. Picasion To create a free GIF with Picasion simply upload your pictures or grab them from Flickr or Picasa, make avatars or funny animations and post it to Facebook, our site or blog.
- 99. Picture2Life Edit your pictures, create collages or animations, and best of all, share your pictures with friends and family. Picture2Life is a powerful, but simple and easy-to-use online image editor which enables you to edit, cllage, animate and share your pictures online.
- 100. Voki Virtual avatar. Select a character from one of our many styles: Classic, Animals, Oddballs and more! Change the look, clothing and accessories. Add your own voice via phone, microphone, text to speech or upload a file.
- 101. Dvolver moviemaker It´s easy Movie maker. You can choose scene, select background and sky...and you can write dialogues of characters.
- 102. Blogs – Portfolios - Wiki
- 103. Blogger Free weblog publishing tool from Google, for sharing text, photos and video. Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. The blogs are hosted by Google at a subdomain of blogspot.com.
- 104. LiveJournal LiveJournal is a social network, where Internet users can keep a blog, journal or diary. Each journal entry has its own web page, which includes the comments left by other users.
- 105. Wikispaces Wikispaces is a great tool for making custom webpages that your students can edit together.
- 106. Wix Wix is a do-it-yourself website builder: a free online tool that lets you create and customize your own websites.
- 107. WordPress Blogging at WordPress.com is great, and these applications make it even better by giving you more ways to post. Whether you’re blogging from your desktop, browser or on the go, make sure to check out these other ways to post to your WordPress.com blog.
- 108. Our project
- High School
- Middle School
- JPL Intermediate School
- Hopewell Elementary
- Liberty Bell Elementary
One Interaction at a Time
- PA Future Ready Index
- Comprehensive Plan
- Health Services
- ESSER III Grants
- Office of the Superintendent
- Office of the Assistant Superintendent
- Staff Directory
- SLSD vs Cyber Charter Comparison
- District Overview
- Administration Team
- District RFP Portal
- Business Services
- Human Resources
- Food Services
- Support Services
- Safety and Security
- Data and Assessments
- Secondary Summer School
- Summer Camps
- 2020-2021 PSSA & Keystone Testing Information
- Educational Technology
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Flexible Instructional Day (FID) Program
- Special Education
- ELD Program
- Spanish Immersion
- Spartan Academy Cyber Option
- Tech Helpdesk
- Student Resources
- Follett Destiny
- Classlink Tutorial
- Student Technology Assistance Tutorials
- Sapphire Student Portal
- K-6 Resources
- 7-12 Resources
- Library and Reference
- SLSD COPPA Approved List
- Career and Guidance
- Kindergarten Registration Information
- Sapphire Community Portal Application and Acceptable Use Policy Form
- Child Care Providers
- Hopewell PTA
- Additional Parent Resources
- Blackboard Connect! - Alert System
- Sapphire Community Web Portal
- EZ School Pay
- Lehigh County Drug & Alcohol
- School Volunteers
- Making Changes to your Sapphire Parent Portal
- Kindergarten Registration Health Forms
- Parent University Resources
- COPPA information
- New Student Registration
- Community Resources
- Advertising Partnerships
- CHIP Health Insurance
- Flyer Distribution Requests
- Operation Recognition
- SLSD Spartan Logo Information
- Tech Helpdesk - Archive
- Induction -New Employees
- Transparency in Coverage
- Academy Request Forms
Web 2.0 Tools
- Faculty Drive
- Morning Announcements
- Remote Teaching Resources
- Alio Employee Portal
- Google Drive
- Coaches Forms
- Athletic Transportation Forms
- HS and MS Coach Contacts
- Game Schedules
- All Sports Passes & Tickets
- Sport Registration Information
- Booster Information
- Code of Conduct
- Participation Fee Information
- SL Athletic Hall Of Fame Nomination
- Sponsor Packages
- Facilities Improvements
- School Board Members
- School Board Meeting Dates/Links
- School Board Agendas and Minutes
- School Board Policies
- District Departments "
- Board Agendas
- Buildings & Facilities Use - General Information
- District Departments
- Family and Student Support
- Grief and Helping Kids Cope
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Parent Section files
- School Directory
- Student Registration
- Summer Programs
- Title IX Statement
- 1:1 - Project BLUE and Digital Learning
- Advertising or Partnership Requests
- Bullying Help
- Crisis Support and Hotlines
- District Calendars
- District Report Card
- Elementary Program Links and Resources
- File Cabinet
- Forms - Athletics & Facilities Use
- Health Coverage for Children
- High School Teacher Pages
- Hopewell Teacher Pages
- Intermediate School Teacher Pages
- Liberty Bell Teacher Pages
- Middle School Teacher Pages
- New to Southern Lehigh School District?
- Office of Special Education
- On-Line Account Help
- School Board
- Strategic Plan
- Third Grade Transition to Intermediate School
- Wellness Food Guide for Classroom Parties
- Southern Lehigh Music Parents
- Coaching Opportunities
- Job Postings
- Online Application Tips
- Substitute Teaching
- Employment Clearances
- Resources "
- COVID-19 Resources
- Student Resources *OLD*
- Family Resources *OLD*
- Staff Resources *OLD*
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- Facilities Updates "
- Kindergarten Registration
- Registration for Grades 1-12
- Additional Resources
- Southern Lehigh School District
Address 5775 Main Street, Center Valley, PA 18034
Fax 610.922.1603 - Central Office
- Questions or Feedback? |