185 Health Topics to Write about
Everybody knows that being healthy requires effort. We should exercise regularly and maintain a balanced diet. However, the reward is worth it. A healthy lifestyle prevents chronic illnesses and leads to better body performance. Besides, if you improve your physical well-being, your mental health will strengthen as well!
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
In this article, we present 165 interesting health topics to write about. In our list, you’ll find ideas on fitness, wellness, and mental health, as well as medical healthcare topics for an essay. And don’t forget that with our custom writing service , you don’t have to worry about your assignments. If you need a helping hand, you can always count on us!
🔝 Top 10 Health Topics to Write About
- ⚕️ Types of Health
🔬 Top 10 Healthcare Topics to Write About
- 💭 Mental Health Topics
- 💉 Healthcare Ethics
- 👶 Child Health
- 👴 Senior Health
- 🧑🏭 Occupational Health
- ⚖️ Personal Health & Wellness
- 🌍 Global Health
- 🌳 Environmental Health
- 🏥 Health Policy
- 😷 Public Health
- 💊 Behavioral Health
- Is gambling a disorder?
- Why is air pollution a threat to health?
- How to reduce the risk of pneumonia
- Is anemia an indicator of poor nutrition?
- The types of antimicrobial resistance
- Risk factors for noncommunicable diseases
- The main objective of occupational medicine
- Is it possible to control CCHF infection in animals?
- Why is preserved nature a prerequisite for good health?
- The impact of congenital anomalies on community interaction
⚕️ Types of Health & Wellness
Did you know that health is highly complex? There are seven different types of well-being . To be truly healthy, you need to balance them all.
- Physical wellness endorses healthy behavior patterns, proper exercise, and nutrition. It also covers abstaining from alcohol and cigarettes.
- A person who is emotionally well can express their feelings adequately. They are capable of accepting and loving themselves as well as others.
- Intellectual wellness is ensured by activating the mind. Stimulating activities include learning a new language, reading, or enjoying art.
- A sense of belonging is crucial to social wellness . To be socially well, a person may contribute to their community or maintain trusting relationships.
- A sense of meaning and purpose creates spiritual wellness . Individuals need to have faith in their moral principles. By meditating and spending time alone, you can get to know yourself better.
- Living in harmony with the Earth plays a vital role in our environmental well-being . People should be conscious of the environment. An example would be to conserve resources and minimize the use of chemicals.
- A person needs to utilize their talents to achieve occupational wellness . Committing to a goal and working towards it helps to stay satisfied. Knowing what you want for your future creates a sense of purpose and direction.
You can write an essay about any of these types of health. In case you need more ideas, consult the following list of best healthcare topics.
- Physical therapy for rehabilitation
- When is health equity achieved?
- The benefits of raising health taxes
- Types of complementary medicine
- Pros and cons of universal health care
- The principles of health system governance
- The challenges of workforce healthcare
- The importance of health technology assessment
- Difference between health promotion and prevention
- How is sustainable development related to public health?
💭 Mental Health Topics to Write about
Our mental health primarily determines how we feel and think. It, in turn, affects our actions. In our fast-paced society, our minds have to face a lot of challenges. Stress-related disorders like burnout or depression are very common. Still, mental health is a vast field. If you are interested in psychological well-being, this section is for you.
- Discuss the stigmatization of mental health problems in your community.
- How can we prevent depression?
- Why do people develop psychological disorders?
- What is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Why should society listen to the needs of mentally ill people?
- How can you treat eating disorders in adults?
- When is a psychiatric stay sensible?
- What are the different forms of depression?
- Describe the adverse effects of reading the news.
- Examine the causes of anxiety disorders.
- What is a manic episode?
- How does OCD impact a patient’s life?
- Analyze the connection between HIV/AIDS and mental health.
- Discuss the use of medication to combat psychological issues.
- Investigate how a mentally ill person influences their family members.
💉 Ethical Topics in Healthcare to Write About
Medical ethics come into play when we need to make a moral decision about health. An individual’s morals can be based on various principles. Physicians, patients, and family members all have different ethical obligations. Below are 15 argumentative topics concerning medical ethics:
- What are ethical dilemmas in healthcare?
- Is a person’s health more important than their autonomy?
- Explain your position on euthanasia.
- What should a doctor do if a person refuses treatment for religious reasons?
- If resources are depleted, how does a doctor determine which patients to treat?
- Should the government force doctors to move to the countryside to ensure rural healthcare?
- Who should be allowed to make medical decisions on a patient’s behalf?
- Investigate situations when a doctor might have to ignore a patient’s right to privacy.
- When can a life-sustaining treatment be stopped?
- Discuss ethical concerns regarding nutrition.
- Write about healthcare’s accessibility,disparity, and safety.
- Do schools have to interfere if students display unhealthy behavior?
- Must governments implement policies to motivate women to have children?
- What are the ethical implications surrounding alternative medicine?
- Should doctors be allowed to advertise their services?
👶 Child Health Topics to Write about
A child’s health includes not only their physical well-being. Meeting their social and mental needs is just as crucial for their development. On top of that, children require regularly scheduled check-ups. If you’re interested in writing about pediatric care, here are 15 compelling topics.
- What is the best way to treat a baby with a fever?
- How can you motivate your child to exercise?
- What problems are associated with unhealthy eating in children?
- Describe the causes of insomnia in toddlers.
- Should frequent nightmares in children be a concern to parents?
- Investigate what makes a minor’s behavior conspicuous.
- Children and proper nutrition: a never-ending struggle.
- How can you promote a healthy lifestyle for your child?
- Examine how a nanny influences a child’s development.
- Asthma and its side-effects in children.
- What role does school education play in a child’s health?
- Discuss how to give medicine to toddlers.
- How can you support a child who has learning disabilities?
- Explain how to promote a positive body image and prevent obesity in minors.
- Describe the importance of play in child development.
👴 Senior Healthcare Topics to Write about
Seniors have their very own set of health rules. Primary problems related to elderliness are poor eyesight or hearing. Luckily, there are many ways to remain healthy at any age. Below we have collected 15 popular examples of health topics for seniors.
- How do you stay active as you get older?
- Investigate how older adults can stay connected to their community.
- Write about healthy nutrition for the vulnerable aging population.
- How can a person prevent their brain functions from deteriorating?
- When do you know it is time to put someone into a nursing home?
- Discuss the most common psychological problems of seniors.
- What are the positive and negative attitudes to aging-related changes?
- Describe ways of coping with memory loss.
- How does arthritis impact a person’s life?
- Explain how to prevent seniors from falling.
- Does getting older automatically mean that your health declines?
- What misconceptions does the general public have about aging?
- Investigate how to prevent Alzheimer’s.
- What does it mean to age well?
- How do you ensure mental wellness in old age?
🧑🏭 Occupational Healthcare Topics to Write about
Occupational health problems occur not only during physically demanding labor. Any line of work can impact your health. Even merely sitting at the desk for too long can cause serious illnesses. This list of essay topics is all about occupational health:
- Describe the necessary safety precautions at a construction site.
- How can you ensure lab safety in the chemical industry?
- What injuries are common for people working in the service industry?
- Discuss the dangers of germ exposure in hospitals.
- Examine why hearing problems can occur at work.
- What equipment should an office worker have to guarantee their long-term health?
- How can a person with chronic back problems return to work?
- Investigate the potential hazards of working during pregnancy.
- How can you prevent carpal tunnel syndrome in the workplace?
- Analyze different types of protective equipment for electricians.
- How do you prevent burnout in highly stressful job environments?
- What are the causes of occupational respiratory diseases?
- What should workers be aware of when laboring in cold weather?
- How can employers take care of their employees’ mental health?
- Examine the health risks faced by miners.
⚖️ Personal Health & Wellness Topics for an Essay
Personal wellness is much more than just your skincare routine. It also includes a proper diet and regular exercise. For a healthy body, you need to take care of your emotional and intellectual well being. Here are some questions and general ideas you can use for a paper on personal health:
- What is the difference between health and wellness?
- How can you ensure a healthy lifestyle?
- Is plant-based nutrition healthier than eating meat?
- Explore dieting and wellness dimensions.
- How can you treat insomnia?
- Investigate the different types of wellness.
- Discuss the harmful effects of caffeine.
- How much exercise is too much?
- Analyze the importance of happiness.
- What are the best ways to cope with stress?
- Discuss yoga practices in history and today.
- How can you achieve wellness through meditation?
- What are the most common health problems youth encounters today?
- How does learning a new language improve wellness?
- Explore the consequences of sleep deprivation.
🌍 Global Health Topics to Write about
The term “global health” encompasses the study of health issues worldwide. Scientific research on this topic crosses national boundaries. Hence, the ultimate goal is to improve health on a global scale. Some of the most urgent global health topics include climate change, pandemics, and cancer.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Examine the health effects of environmental change.
- How can we prevent pandemics in the future?
- What is the world’s healthiest country?
- What are today’s most pressing global health issues?
- Investigate how to reduce substance abuse worldwide.
- What are the most important global health institutions?
- Why is the global access to healthcare necessary?
- Discuss the common causes of epidemics.
- What can we do to ensure global environmental health?
- How does the MSF organization work?
- Compare different pandemics with each other.
- Analyze the effects of vaccination on a global scale.
- What does the WHO do?
- Identify the most common causes of cancer globally.
- How can we prevent violence across cultures?
🌳 Environmental Health Essay Topics
Humans are dependent on their environment . Thus, it is crucial for survival that our surroundings are healthy. To ensure it, we need to control our interactions with nature and prevent cataclysms. Have a glance at our list if you are looking for discussion points regarding environmental health:
- How can we reduce air pollution?
- What should be done with toxic waste?
- What is the cleanest source of energy?
- Examine the environmental benefits of recycling.
- What causes poor water quality?
- How can you make your home more eco-friendly?
- Investigate how oil spills affect ecosystems.
- Describe the leading causes of ozone depletion.
- Analyze how natural disasters are prevented.
- How can a better infrastructure lead to a healthier environment?
- What illnesses are called foodborne?
- How can you ensure that the food you buy is safe?
- Discuss what makes a healthy community.
- Why is preparedness important?
- What diseases are spread by vectors?
🏥 Health Policy Topics to Write About
Health policies are measures governments take to achieve specific healthcare goals. Such rules exist in many areas, including tobacco control, finance, and the quality of care. Amongst other things, they often aim at informing people.
- What are some policies designed to protect employee health?
- What do you think about vegetarian days in canteens?
- Should recreational marijuana be legal?
- Discuss if the traffic light rating system should be obligatory for all food items.
- What is a reasonable legal age for consuming energy drinks?
- Should smoking be banned in public?
- How can we raise awareness about diabetes?
- Discuss how workplaces can support breastfeeding.
- How would a lower workload improve employee health?
- Investigate when and how schools should start sex education.
- Should vaccination be mandatory?
- Examine the benefits of wearing surgical masks in public.
- Should eating competitions be banned?
- Analyze whether all restaurants should have a global rating system like hotels do.
- Given the risk of skin cancer, should we restrict sunbathing?
😷 Public Health Essay Topics
Every government is concerned about the health of its citizens. Public health issues revolve around protecting and improving people’s well-being. Critical factors for this subject are encouraging healthy lifestyles and researching illnesses. Below we have collected 15 public health essay topics for your college assignment.
- Should bars stop serving complimentary peanuts?
- What makes sleep disorders a public health problem?
- Discuss if governments should pay for the rehabilitation of drug addicts.
- Are handshakes an avoidable public health risk?
- Should gun violence in America be a public health issue?
- Investigate the harms of vaping.
- What is the best way to teach children about a healthy lifestyle?
- What are the leading causes of death in your community?
- Should the means of birth control be free for teenagers?
- How can we encourage people to eat healthier?
- What are the risk factors that cause diabetes?
- Discuss how America can achieve health equity.
- Should abortions be illegal?
- How do you prevent high levels of school-related stress?
- Do Americans use too many antibiotics?
💊 Behavioral Health Topics for Papers
Behavioral and mental healths are closely related terms concerning human psychology. However, the notion of behavioral health covers a broader area. It involves all external forces that contribute to our mental well-being. These can encompass behavioral or habitual patterns as well as substances.
- How do social media affect our behavior?
- Write about CBT as a way of treating addiction.
- What is a bad habit?
- Discuss the common features of drug dependency and behavioral addictions.
- Do video games make players more violent?
- How do you recognize obsessive behavior?
- Examine the different treatments for behavioral health problems.
- What factors facilitate hoarding?
- Are some addictions less harmful than others?
- What is the role of the internet in internet addiction?
- Is group therapy better than individual therapy?
- What are typical stigmas regarding people with behavioral problems?
- Investigate alternative treatments for behavioral health issues.
- What are the most common addictions among Americans?
- Discuss various problems a person with autism faces.
We hope these topics will help you learn something new and write a great essay!
Just 13.00 10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
You might also be interested in:
- 281 Best Health & Medical Research Topics
- 280 Good Nursing Research Topics & Questions
- 190+ Research Topics on Psychology & Communication
- 200 Interesting Cause and Effect Essay Topics & Ideas
- 300 Interesting Chemistry Topics & Writing Tips
- 480 Sociology Questions & Topics with Bonus Tips
- 240 Unique Geography and Geology Topics & Questions
- Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle: The Foundation For Peripheral Neuropathy
- What Is Mental Health?: MentalHealth.gov
- Mental Health: WHO
- Health Topics: NIMH
- Overview of Medical Ethics: Vermont Ethics Network
- Children’s Health: Medline Plus
- Healthy Aging: HHS
- Aging Well: HelpGuide.org
- Health and Wellness: National Institutes of Health
- Top 10 Most Common Health Issues: University of Rochester
- Environmental Health Topics: National Environmental Health Organization
- Environmental Health: Healthy People 2020
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Recommended for You
180 Ethics Topics & Ethical Questions to Debate
Our code of ethics is derived from what we think is right or wrong. On top of that, we have to agree to the moral standards established by the society we live in. Conventional norms generally label theft, murder, or harassment as bad. However, there are many influences that impact...
457 Definition Essay Topics and Writing Tips
A definition explains the meaning of a term or a concept. In a dictionary, you’ll find a definition in a single sentence. A definition paper, however, encompasses several paragraphs. Such an essay, amongst other things, can include personal experience and examples. To write a successful definition paper, you need to...
270 Good Descriptive Essay Topics and Writing Tips
As simple as it is, the purpose of the descriptive essay is to explain or portray its subject. It can focus on any topic or issue you want to write about. Be sure that any middle school, high school, or college student can manage this type of creative writing assignment!...
160+ Best Rhetorical Analysis Topics
Rhetorical analysis essay focuses on assessing the method used for delivering a message. This assignment isn’t about giving an opinion on the topic. The purpose is to analyze how the author presents the argument and whether or not they succeeded. Keep reading to find out more strategies and prompts for...
164 Narrative Essay Topics for School & College Students
A narrative essay tells a story about a series of events. At the core of this kind of essay can be a personal experience or a fictional plot. Any story can be a basis for a narrative essay! Narratives can look similar to descriptions. Still, they are different. A descriptive...
200 Process Essay Topics
Similar to the instructions in a recipe book, process essays convey information in a step-by-step format. In this type of paper, you follow a structured chronological process. You can also call it a how-to essay. A closely related type is a process analysis essay. Here you have to carefully consider...
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Book Report/Review
- Research Proposal
- Math Problems
- Movie Review
- Cover Letter Writing
- Personal Statement
- Nursing Paper
- Argumentative Essay
- Research Paper
90+ Strong Health Essay Topics And How To Handle Them
Table of Contents
You can write about healthy lifestyle, rehabilitation after traumas, childcare, common or rare diseases, global advances in health and medicine, environmental health issues, and more.
How to deal with essay on health?
Your essay will be the most impressive if you choose a topic that is familiar to you or you can write about something you have experience with. It will be easier for you to do a health essay paper and build a convincing argument. Another approach is choosing a topic which is not familiar to you but in which you are interested in. It would be a great opportunity for you to educate yourself.
If you pick an interesting essay topic idea which is too broad to cover in your essay, you should do additional keyword research and look for some specific aspects of this topic to narrow it.
Keep in mind that you should look for a narrow topic which has enough available resources that you can use for researching it.
Before you start writing, make sure you have found enough evidence and examples to support your argument. A good idea is to create a working outline or a mind map for your essay that will guide your writing and help you stay focused on your key points.
First, create a strong thesis statement and think about several main points to support it.
If you are looking for health topics to write about and are not sure what to write about, here we have gathered a lot of exciting ideas that you won’t find on any other essay writing services.
Feel free to use them as inspiration own topic ideas or for writing your essays.
Health topics to write about
- How Can We Help Children Maintain a Healthy Body Weight?
- Ethical and Legal Issues of Surrogate Pregnancy.
- How Dangerous are Long-term Consequences of Anorexia?
- Principles of Preventing Medical Errors in Hospitals.
- How Can Doctors Promote Healthy Lifestyle?
- Why is Homeopathy a Pseudo-Science?
- What Are Side Effects of Blood Transfusion?
- Types of Eating Disorders.
- Can a Vegan Diet Be Healthy?
- The Best Strategies to Maintain Healthy Body Weight.
- Psychological Issues of Breast Cancer.
- Importance of Organ Donation after Death.
- Can Cloning Help Save Lives?
- Ethics in Human Experimentation.
- Symptoms of Heart Attacks in Women.
- Is It Possible to Cure Diabetes in the Future?
Interesting health topics to write about
- What is the Difference Between Western Medicine and Alternative Medicine?
- Health Consequences of Eating Disorders.
- Bioprinting as the Future of Organ Transplants.
- Use of Stem Cell Technologies for Cancer Treatment.
- Ethical and Social Issues of Cosmetic Surgery.
- How Does Advertising Influence Healthy Food Choices?
- Role of Nutrition Education in Promoting Healthy Diets.
- Fast Food Consumption and Obesity.
- How Can Exercise Help Senior Improve Strength and Balance?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Weight Loss Surgery.
- Obesity as a Medical and Social Problem.
- Strategies for Heart Disease Prevention.
- How Long Can Humans Actually Live?
- Pros and Cons of Clinical Trials.
- Alternative Ways to Treat Depression.
- Is There a Cure for HIV or AIDS?
Controversial health essay topics
- Is There a Link Between Sugary Drinks and Cancer?
- Health Consequences of Caffeine.
- Can Little Kid Food Habits Signal Autism?
- Should Euthanasia Be Legalized?
- Pros and Cons of Medical Marijuana.
- Is Alternative Medicine Dangerous?
- Is Doing Sports always Healthy?
- Which Diet Is Better: Low-Fat or Low-Carb?
- Discuss Measures for Prevention of Communicable Diseases.
- Social Determinants That Influence People’s Well-being.
- Are Doctors Responsible for the Opioid Epidemic?
- Is Religion a Mental Disorder?
- Is Nuclear Waste Really Dangerous for People?
- Is a No-Carb Diet Safe?
- Are We Too Dependent on Antibiotics?
- Are Natural Medicines a Good Alternative to Pharmaceutical?
- Can Blockchain Help Improve the Trust in the Accuracy of Clinical Trials Data?
Mental health argumentative essay topics
- Influence of Environmental Factors on Mental Health.
- Drug Misuse and Mental Disorders.
- Social Effects of Mental Disorders.
- Alcohol Addiction and Psychiatric Disorders.
- Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment of Teen Depression.
- How to Protect Your Mental Health from Social Media Dangers.
- Effects of Social Isolation and Loneliness on Severe Mental Disorders.
- Negative Effects of Total Isolation on Physical and Mental Health.
- Mental Health Benefits Associated with Physical Activity.
- Association between Exercise and Mood.
- Mental Health Problems of Homeless People.
- Stress as a Risk Factor for Mental Disorders.
- Effect of Disposer to Violence on Mental Disorders.
- Common Mental Disorders in the USA.
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders among Adults.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety Disorders.
- Economic Burden of Depression and Anxiety Disorders.
- Influence of Anxiety Disorders on the Quality of Life.
Health care essay topics
- Advantages and Challenges of E-health Technology.
- Application of Big Data to the Medical Care System.
- Risk Connected with Untested Methods of Alternative Medicine.
- Controversial Issues in the US Medical Care System.
- Telemedicine and Other Disruptive Innovations in Health Care System.
- How Can We Achieve Health Equity?
- Impact of Racism on the Well-Being of the Nation.
- School-based Health Care and Educational Success of Children.
- Role of School-based Health Care in Preventing Dropout.
- What Can Be Done to Curb Rising Suicide Rates?
- Do Adults and Senior Still Need Vaccines?
- What Human Rights Issues Have an Impact on Public Health?
- What Measures Should Be Taken to Prevent Heat-related Deaths?
- Discuss Healthy Housing Standards.
- What Are Common Strategies for Prevention of Chronic Diseases?
Health essay topics for high school students
- Can Computers Displace Doctors?
- Can People Become Immortal?
- Can Happiness Cure Diseases?
- How to Prevent Teen Pregnancy?
- The Biggest Health Challenges Facing Youth.
- Importance of Balanced Diet for Teenagers.
- Does Being Healthy Make You Happy?
- Why Is Exercise Important to Teenagers?
- Why Is Obesity Becoming an Epidemic?
- How to Become a Healthy Person.
- Importance of Healthy Lifestyle for Teens.
- Negative Impact of Smoking Teenagers.
- How Does Stress Affect Teenagers?
- Why Do Teenagers Experiment with Drugs?
- How to Develop Healthy Eating Habits.
Need a health essay overnight? Here’s a deal! Buy argumentative essay help by choosing any topic from our list and handing it to our writers. Complete confidentiality and the brilliant result are guaranteed.
Guide on Writing a Death Penalty Research Paper
‘What is culture?’ essay writing guideline
Most Controversial Alcohol Research Paper Ideas
A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Captivating Health Articles
by Shawn Radcliffe | Jun 30, 2020 | Writing | 1 comment
Writing articles about health that are worthy of sharing isn’t easy. The information must not only be accurate, but the article should also be interesting enough to capture and hold your readers’ attention. While there are a lot of steps that go into creating content, every health article starts with a great idea. Here are concrete steps you can take to develop those ideas more easily.
Writing Articles Starts with a Great Idea
Finding great ideas for health articles takes time. You could rush through this step and write about whatever comes to mind first. But the payoff will be much larger if you find an idea that you really connect with. And chances are, if you care deeply about it, your audience will too.
To come up with ideas, you have only to look around you. Here are three ways to find inspiration:
Follow the research. According to the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers, researchers collectively publish about 2.5 million scientific papers each year. If you write articles about certain health topics, I recommend signing up for email alerts from the journals that you read most often. You can also use Google Scholar to set up alerts for specific topics. Reviewing these regularly can help you keep up-to-date on the research, and also generate ideas for new health articles.
Look for trends. Watch the world around you for interesting trends, such as a rise in uninsured Americans, a spike in coronavirus cases, or a recent drop in cancer-related deaths. These trends may show up as published studies, news reports, posts on social media, or conversations at scientific meetings. Sometimes it requires you to put together information from multiple sources, such as COVID-19 hospitalizations and medical bankruptcy filings.
Listen to people’s stories. One of the skills that I’ve learned as a health and science journalist is listening to other people. And not just when I am interviewing them, but whenever they are talking. This is a great way to learn what health topics people are interested in, what questions they have about what’s going on in the world, and most of all, how they are impacted by those events.
Focus Your Idea Before Writing
Once you have an idea for a health article that piques your interest, you need to focus the idea. Otherwise, you risk having the idea wander all over the place. If you are a freelance writer, a lack of focus can turn a great idea into a lousy pitch, which means you’ll probably never get to write about it at all. Here are some things to keep in mind when focusing your idea:
Scope. There’s a big difference between a topic and an idea. “COVID-19” and “depression” are both topics. But unless you are writing articles for an encyclopedia, they are too broad to work for a health article.
Try focusing your topic to something more specific, such as: “Depression among Americans on the rise during the COVID-19 pandemic.” Or even more focused: “Lack of telemedicine support during COVID-19 leaves Americans with depression with nowhere to turn for help.”
Format. You might hesitate to decide what shape your story will take until you’ve started writing it, but format can have a big impact on how you focus your idea. Are you writing a brief news story, an in-depth feature article, or a profile of a researcher studying a specific treatment?
Even if you start with the same topic, you will probably generate different ideas for each of these formats, possibly multiple ones for each.
Audience. Think about the people who will be reading your health article. You may not know exactly who they are, but you probably have a sense of what they’re like — general readers, scientists, science nerds, business owners. You can get even more fine-grained than that.
Each of those groups will have different interests and goals for reading your health articles. What questions might they have about the topic? What information are they seeking? What will they do with that information? The answers to these questions can help you focus your idea.
Publication. Likewise, the publication you are writing a health article for also matters. Some publications only want the facts about a new scientific paper. Others are more interested in the scientists who made the discovery. The topic may be the same, but the idea that fits each of those publications could be very different.
Tips for Perfecting Your Idea
Fully developing your idea is essential because it guides all of your research and writing. Imagine what it would be like if you tried to drive across the country without having a clear idea of where you were going. You would definitely get somewhere, but it might take you a long time to reach that destination. And if you are a freelance writer, you are probably already short on time . Here are three tips to help you perfect your idea:
- Don’t rush the process. Unless you are working on a deadline, let your idea sit for a day or so. This is a good time to come up with related questions, do a little more research, or find ways that it connects to people’s lives. You can even try going for a walk and letting your unconscious mind do some of the work for you.
- Run it by someone else. If you work with an editor — or even an editorial team — they will help refine your idea. But if you aren’t that lucky, try sharing your idea with another writer, your spouse, or your social media followers. Ask them whether your idea is clear and if they have any related questions. Sometimes that will help point you in an even better direction.
- Don’t fear starting over. Even after doing all of this work to perfect an idea, sometimes it turns out to be not that great. If you run into that, take a step back and see if you can pinpoint the reason for this. Maybe the idea isn’t focused enough. Or maybe it’s too similar to other health articles that you’ve read. Try to refocus the idea. But don’t force it. If it doesn’t feel right, let it go and move on.
Writing articles about health becomes easier the more you do it. As you get better at finding ideas, you might be tempted to dive right in and start writing as soon as inspiration strikes. However, make sure you fully focus your idea before sitting down to write. This will not only save you time researching and writing, but you will find yourself writing articles that really connect with your audience.
Share this post
- Share on Tumblr
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Subscribe to blog via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Article on Health and Fitness – Long and short articles for students
Table of Contents
Article on Health and Fitness: Health and fitness is the key to a long, active and enjoyable life. It is correctly stated that Health is the actual Wealth that a person can retain. Teachers assign this topic to their students to enhance their knowledge about staying healthy and fit, and create awareness among others as well. It also results in the development of a healthy lifestyle for children.
Fill Out the Form for Expert Academic Guidance!
Please indicate your interest Live Classes Books Test Series Self Learning
Verify OTP Code (required)
Fill complete details
Target Exam ---
Students need to realize the importance of staying healthy and fit. Also, being the future generation, they can play a vital role in creating awareness and maintaining a stable health regime.
Here we are providing you some useful articles on health and fitness under various categories according to varying words limits. You can choose any of them according to your need:
Article on Health and Fitness
Article on health and fitness 1 (300 words).
Being healthy and fit in simple terms means taking good care of the body. We should remember that a healthy mind resides only in a healthy body. Good health of both mind and body helps one maintain the required energy level to achieve success in life. All of us must strive to achieve wholesome health.
Protecting your body from the intake of harmful substances, doing regular exercises, having proper food and sleep are some of the important instances that define a healthy lifestyle. Aldo being fit allows us to perform our activities without being lethargic, restless or tired.
A healthy and fit person is capable of living the life to the fullest, without any major medical or physical issues. Being healthy is not only related to the physical well-being of a person, it also involves the mental stability or the internal peace of a person.
Generally, a healthy diet consists of taking a proper and healthy food which includes eating green and fresh vegetables, fruits, having milk, eggs, minerals, proteins and vitamins essential for a human’s lifestyle. Practicing Yoga including regular exercises in your daily routine also help you maintain your desired fitness, blood sugar and immunity level.
Healthy habits improve your physical appearance, mental stability, ability to perform activities in a better way, which help you lead a stress-free lifestyle, maintaining happy moods, high energy levels, etc. Each individual should take of one’s health on a priority; no single day should be skipped for making efforts on maintaining physical and mental fitness. Being happy is directly related to boosting your mental strength and health, so happiness can be considered as the result as well as the part of a healthy and fit lifestyle.
Conclusion: Health is the most important thing that a person should take care of. Leading a healthy lifestyle leads to happiness, success and achievements.
Article on Health and Fitness 2 (500 words)
Health can, generally, be measured on major three parameters: Physical, Psychological and Nutritional. Physical health means the physical appearance of a person; Nutritional health means the presence of essential nutrients in the body to fight diseases with immunity. Psychological health means the ability in a person to maintain patience, calm and composure in all circumstances of life.
Health professionals consider cancer, diabetes and several other mental and physical health issues such as depression, lethargic attitude, etc to deficiencies in fitness and well-being of a person. Unhealthy and unfit lifestyle of a person also results in premature death. Obesity and lack of physical fitness in young generation sets the stage for diabetes, heart disease, and other serious health problems.
Walking, running, cycling, playing, swimming, gardening, skipping, weight-lifting and Yoga are some of the important activities which help us maintain fit and healthy lifestyle. A person who is fit both physically and mentally is strong enough to face the ups and downs of life, and is not affected by drastic changes in the circumstances.
One should also spend time outdoors in the sun, inhaling fresh air and taking part in healthy activities. Staying active makes you stay energetic.
Out of the several components that affect one’s health, following are the seven key physical components to ensure the overall good health, fitness and mental well-being:
- Cardiovascular/Aerobic Conditioning
- Strength Training and Muscular Development
- Stretching – Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons
- Core Stability – Both physical and mental
- Nutrition and Supplementation – Balanced Diet
- Mental Rest and Relaxation – Balanced lifestyle
- Sleep – Regular sleep
Eating healthy and nutrients rich food, exercising, taking sufficient sleep, avoiding intake of harmful substances are just few simple ways to stay healthy and fit. These are directly related to our mental, physical and emotional health.
Fitness and mental well-being are essential parts of a healthy life. The benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle are undeniable by all means.
Whether you decide to increase your activity levels slightly or develop and participate in a thorough fitness plan, it will pay you off in the long run. Exercise is good for your health of various organs of your body and makes you feel stronger.
Nutrition and fitness are essential for a healthy living. Not only we look and feel good, but by eating the right nutritional food and doing the right amount of exercise, we could also lower the chances of getting some pretty serious life-threatening diseases.
Things to be done for maintaining balanced healthy and fit lifestyle:
- Keeping body hydrated – Drink ample water
- Washing hands before and after meals – Maintain sanitation
- Regular exercise
- Intake of nutrients
- Regular, sound sleep
Conclusion: Sound health not only means keeping a health body but it also includes a healthy mental condition. Our health depends upon several factors such as food, pollution, regular sleeping habits, fresh air, water, sunlight, and healthy mental condition. Morning walks and physical exercises are very helpful for ensuring the fitness of our mind and body.
Article on Health and Fitness 3 (600 words)
Good health helps a person to live one’s life to its fullest potential without being physically or mentally unfit. Unhealthy lifestyle results in deterioration of one’s wellbeing. Staying healthy and fit is very important for each generation. Exercising and eating healthy are the best ways to retain your health both physically and mentally.
People, who take their health seriously and are serious about maintaining their fitness, do exercises on a daily basis, eat a healthy diet, and sleep well on time for adequate duration.
Being healthy and fit allows you to stay active and further increases your confidence and concentration power. By staying healthy and fit, one can set an example for others and slowly help others increase their health, nutrition, knowledge, and consumption of sustainably produced foods.
Major reasons that lead to the deterioration of health are as follows:
- Daily stress – Students often feel stressed about school work, and exams. Professionals are also prone to stress with regard to their life and work. Such conditions lead to imbalanced mental health.
- Depression – Prolonged stress about something leads to depression and becomes a health issue.
- Intake of harmful substances like alcohol, preserved foods, etc, adversely affect the physical and mental health and fitness.
- Lack of sleep – People tend to work late at night, constantly use their phones, etc and also foregot their destined sleep cycle. As suggested by medical experts, a defined time of sleep is mandatory for each individual. Lack of sleep results in an unfit lifestyle.
- Junk foods – Intake of junk foods has replaced the proper nutritional diet that one should consume. Therefore unhealthy food habits directly create unhealthy wellbeing.
Natural phenomena such as pollution, etc also make us unhealthy and unfit. Proper preventive measures must be taken to defend ourselves against adverse natural environment.
Following are the things that lead to maintenance of a healthy and fit person:
- Regular Exercise routine – Each individual should focus on a defined time for daily exercise, as it directly affects both mental and physical health of a person.
- Balanced nutritional food intake – One should concentrate on each and every thing to eat and drink. Having a balanced diet that includes essential minerals, vitamins and proteins makes a person healthy and fit.
- Clean and tidy environment – We should make sure our surroundings clean and fit for us to survive.
- Take appropriate amount of sleep. Each individual, as per medical norms, should take at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink loads of water, as it helps to release toxins and improve one’s metabolism.
- Maintain hygiene and have proper sanitation.
- Have a positive outlook towards life. For mental health, it is the key to stay fit and healthy. Positive thoughts should rule the mind in order to stay happy and maintain the mental and emotional health and fitness.
Staying healthy and fit is not difficult if taken as the foremost priority. By following the above-mentioned simple steps, each one of us can lead a healthy, fit and fruitful life. Maintaining balance of thoughts, nutritional diet, rigorous exercise, Yoga, optimum level of sleep are actually the main contributory factors for our wellbeing and a healthy and fit lifestyle.
Conclusion: We create the conditions that lead to an unhealthy and unfit lifestyle. That’s a fact. So, we should develop good habits, and become capable of taking the required measures to lead a healthy and fit lifestyle.
Article on Health and Fitness 4 (800 words)
Health is a dynamic process. It keeps on changing as we change our lifestyle, our eating habits, our sleeping routine, our thoughts, etc. Each day we should work towards maximizing our level of health and wellness to lead long, full, and healthy lives. Our defined aim should be planning our day in a manner that maintains balance of our physical and mental usage. However we can make a huge difference in our lives by staying fit and healthy.
Among the most crucial reasons for decline in health today is the lack of proper amount of vitamins and minerals. Improper intake of vegetables, fruits and dairy products leads to absence of minerals and vitamins in our body. Lack of minerals and vitamins lead to all kinds of diseases as nutrients are essentially required to build and repair the blood, tissues, muscles and also bones.
Good health not only means a state of absence of diseases in the body but a complete physical, mental, social as well as spiritual wellbeing of an individual.
Being healthy means having a healthy brain, flexible movements of body, more energetic, happy moods, peace and patience, etc. Fitness does not only mean your physical wellbeing, it is a combination of physical and mental health of a person.
Stress, anxiety, mood fluctuations also represent unhealthy traits of a person. Health refers to the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of a person.
Every generation should take care of their health and fitness. Since childhood, it is easy to focus on this aspect of life as dietary habits of childhood are difficult to change afterwards. For this we should refrain from overfeeding the children. Some important tips of good eating habits that one should follow are:
- Making breakfast the heaviest and dinner the lightest meal of the day.
- Eat your salad before you eat the meal.
- Don’t starve yourself and overeat subsequently.
- Fast food and canned food are costly both for your pocket and your heart.
- Yellow, orange and green vegetables and fruits add life to your heart.
- As your age advances, control your eating and exercise more.
In children, the requirement of sleep is high, around 12-14 hours and a normal adult requires 7-8 hours of sound sleep daily.
Maintaining healthy and fit regime requires simple efforts, a few of which are listed below:
- Regular routine of exercise is highly beneficial for our health; it helps us in controlling weight, helps in boosting the immune system, and directly increases our stamina and energy levels. Basic metabolic rate increases if a person exercises. Though these days sparing time for exercise has become difficult for people as this is not being taken on priority, in order to still maintain the balance, each individual should walk or use cycle instead of driving at reasonable distance, use stairs instead of elevators or escalators, walk while on call and compensate the available time with the benefits of exercising.
- Yoga is another activity that lays great emphasis on both mental and physical wellbeing of humans. Yoga is an effective method for improving health and acts as a preventive measure against diseases. It reduces stress, anxiety, depression, etc which are the core natural and mental factors that disturb health. Yoga and meditation increase energy, give freshness and infuse confidence in a person.
- Eating balanced nutritional diet also directly benefits one’s lifestyle. Having appropriate diet does not lead to fat; it leads to a healthy self. Eating fruits and vegetables help people to maintain adequate levels of calorie, reduce the risk of disease, maintain the balance of essential minerals and vitamins, etc.
- Hygiene and sanitation are also major factors that affect the health of a person. Sitting at a place that is not properly clean can instantly make a person unwell and lead to various diseases. Good personal hygiene is one of the most effective ways to protect ourselves and others from many illnesses.
Health and fitness is determined by what we eat, how we live our lives, our choice of leisure pursuits and what we do to keep ourselves physically fit. Keeping fit is about how we choose to live our lives as individuals and the levels of fitness we aspire to. Maintain your health and fitness to keep your body look and feel good, but also maintain a level of physical fitness which will enable you to manage and enjoy your daily lifestyle.
Conclusion: The way towards Healthy and Active wellbeing is to focus on making the healthy choice at any given moment, rather than postponing the things that are must to be done in the long term.
- World Health Day
- Slogans on Health
- Paragraph on Health and Fitness
- Paragraph on Health is Wealth
Talk to our academic expert!
Language --- English Hindi Marathi Tamil Telugu Malayalam
Get access to free Mock Test and Master Class
Register to Get Free Mock Test and Study Material
Offer Ends in 5:00
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
Health Writer Hub
Medical Writing Courses & Certification
9 award-winning health articles every health writer should read
Analysing articles written by award-winning writers, recognised for their superior storytelling abilities, can help you enhance your health writing skills.
LAST UPDATED August 29, 2023 | FIRST PUBLISHED January 27, 2016 | BY Michelle Guillemard
Reading award-winning articles can help you become a better writer – here’s how.
As writers, we read widely in order to improve our craft. While it’s important to read a variety of writing styles, formats, publications and subject matters – and not just health topics – following writers who have had their work commended is a great way to improve.
Analysing articles written by award-winning writers, recognised for their superior storytelling abilities, meticulous medical research and ability to marry a unique perspective with excellent communication skills, gives you a benchmark of quality.
Whether you want to improve your storytelling technique, sentence structure, patient education materials , topic ideas or communication for a lay audience , striving to produce content of a similar standard to industry-recognised authors will enable you to develop your writing skills and techniques.
While many of the award-winning health articles listed below are long-form features , which may not be the style of writing you specialise in, you can still learn a lot from them. For example:
- Medical research – these writers describe research in accurate way and include the right amount of detail
- Interviews – consider who the writers have chosen to interview (both health experts as well as case studies) and study the way they quote their sources
- The beginning – many award-winning feature articles begin with a compelling, emotional story which engages readers immediately
- Flow and sentence structure – as great writers, these authors know how to string sentences together to create meaningful, interesting and impactful dialogue
- Topic – award-winning health articles often cover unusual or unique stories that don’t get a lot of mainstream media coverage
Every year, hundreds of competitions and awards around the world celebrate excellence in health and medical writing. The publications, associations and companies awarding health, medical and scientific articles include universities, medical journals , research institutions, industry associations and health professional associations.
Familiarising yourself with the judging criteria is important as it helps you to understand the specific reasons why the article won. Some judges may be looking at the quality and breadth of research, while others might consider the writer’s storytelling ability, natural writing style and original topic.
Read the award-winning articles
Here are nine award-winning health articles, mostly long-form features, which have won prestigious writing awards in the past couple of years.
Guns & Suicide – The Hidden Toll
- Award: Grand Gold Award, Best Article of the Year
- Awarder: Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Author: Madeline Drexler
- Publication: Harvard Public Health
Light-bulb Moments for a Nonprofit
- Award: ASJA Writing Awards, Arlene, 2015
- Awarder: American Society of Journalists and Authors
- Author: Christine Larson
- Publication: New York Times
In the Wake of a Typhoon, a Surprising Discovery: Part One
- Award: ASJA Writing Awards, Outstanding Article – Dramatic Narrative, 2015
- Author: David Page
- Publication: Take Part
- A detailed list of 110 websites that accept pitches from health writers
- A description of the content each website typically publishes
- A pitching template to help you write the perfect pitch
- Sample pitches that work!
The Utilization and Impact of Core Needle Biopsy Diagnosis on Breast Cancer Outcomes in British Columbia
- Award: J.H. MacDermot Writing Award 2014
- Awarder: BC Medical Journal
- Authors: Kristy Cho, Scott Tyldesley, MD, FRCPC, Caroline Speers, BA, Barbara Poole Lane, MPA, Karen A. Gelmon, MD, FRCPC, Christine Wilson, MD, FRCPC
- Publication: BC Medical Journal
The Wages of Health
- Award: Silver Award, Best Article of the Year
- Author: Paul Hond
- Publication: Colombia Magazine
Imaging Foreign Bodies
- Award: 2015 Eric Martin Award – Professional Audience
- Awarder: American Medical Writers Association
- Author: Kathryn Faguy, MA
- Publication: Radiologic Technology
How to Curb Comfort Eating
- Award: DAA Excellence in Nutrition Journalism, 2014
- Awarder: Dietitians Association of Australia
- Author: Stephanie Osfield
- Publication: Healthy Food Guide
Want to learn more about health writing?
Introduction to Health Writing Course
Enhance your health writing skills.
Learn how to write health news, feature articles, web content and blogs.
Enter your email for a free course outline!
One of a Kind: What Do You Do if Your Child Has a Condition That Is New to Science?
- Award: 2015 Eric Martin Award – Public or Health Care Consumer Audience
- Author: Seth Mnookin
- Publication: The New Yorker
A ‘Smart’ Way to Spot Schizophrenia Signs
- Award: Max Perutz Science Writing Award
- Awarder: Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Author: Emily Eisner
- Publication: BBC News
About Michelle Guillemard
Michelle Guillemard is the founder of Health Writer Hub, the Past President of the Australasian Medical Writers Association and a freelance medical writer with 16+ years of experience. Blogging about health & medical writing since 2012, Michelle teaches health writing courses and communication workshops to students and corporations around the world. Michelle is passionate about creating better health outcomes and changing lives through effective health communication. Connect with her on Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook .
110 Websites That Accept Health Article Pitches
Your guide to getting published.
Ready to get published in 2023? Get our comprehensive article pitching guide, and start pitching your health article ideas today!
- Examples of pitches that resulted in published health articles!
Friend's Email Address
Your Email Address
Best health essay topics In 2022
Most people in the health field find that determining an idea to write on is more complex than actually writing it, especially concerning health essay topics. Health essays have many intriguing topics, and picking the perfect one is nearly complicated. You must examine the topic’s scope and complexity level. To simplify your task, we’ve created a collection of part of the most recent health essay topics in 2022 to get you started. But first, do you know what a health essay topic is?
What is a health essay topic?
Students in the medical field are required to research issues regarding health. The ideas are classified into various health research paper topics. The topics contain guidelines on healthy living and, therefore, bring awareness to people on reducing risks of various diseases such as cancer, obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Read on to find out what to
consider before writing your health essay topic:
What should you consider before choosing a health essay topic?
Consider selecting a topic that you are familiar with or can compose a theme with which you have expertise. This will make your essay the most appealing. It would be simpler if you wrote a health essay topic and constructed a persuasive argument.
Another option is to choose a topic that you are unfamiliar with but is interesting to you. It would be an excellent opportunity for your knowledge gain. If you choose an intriguing essay topic that is too wide to discuss in your essay, you should conduct additional keyword research and hunt for specific components of the issue to limit it down.
How to choose health essay topics
Before getting into your favorite health themes to write on, you should consider several pointers that can help you know how to choose health essay topics. It takes some effort and time, but the outcomes will be well worth it.
Take note of your paper’s length.
This will assist you in choosing the appropriate topic. You probably aren’t going to dig into the nuances of a broad topic such as “All we know concerning hypertension so far.” if the paper is only one or two pages long, you could not provide enough content to fulfill the number of words. If it’s substantially more extended and you choose a particular topic.
Establish your curriculum content
Before you receive the assigned task, establish the content of your curriculum and all you studied over the semester; you’ll need your topic to be related to your course. Investigate your notes and textbook’s content to determine the path to take.
Enlist broader subject matters
Make a list of a few broad topics that strike your interest. If you’re not enthusiastic about the subject, it will be more challenging to devote time to studying and writing. Invent a few concepts, conduct some preliminary study to gain a deeper understanding of each topic, and then choose one that interests you the most.
Take into account that you really should choose a restricted topic with a sufficient amount of available resources for research. Ensure you have adequate data and illustrations to back up your claim before you begin writing. Making a working framework or a concept map for your health essay topics is excellent.
It will guide you in writing and keep you focused on your main topics. To begin, draft a compelling thesis statement and consider numerous supporting points. If you’re seeking the best health essay topics in 2022to speak about but are stumped, here is a compiled list of exciting ideas.
Best Health Essay topics in 2022
Health essay topics on nutrition.
The number of people who avoid eating meat and other animal products gradually increases. As a result, the restaurants serving wholly vegan and vegetarian meals are also expanding. Nutrition research paper topics are designed to help you write content related to the diet consumed by different people.
Everybody has their motives and motivations for making such a decision – it might be sympathy for animals or stomach and digestive issues. Somebody takes it for granted, while another is categorical and antagonistic. However, the subject of existence without meat continues to be discussed and argued. Here are some vegetarian connected topics:
- The Benefits of becoming a vegetarian;
- Nutritional differences and health risks between vegetarians and vegans
- Adverse impacts of meat-free nutrition
- Find the similarities and differences between alterations in being a vegetarian
- Therapeutic implications of vegans
- Examine the differences between meat and plant-based foods.
Environmental health essay topics
Pollution, climate change, and deforestation are terrifying yet fascinating issues that elicit debate. The environment has a more significant impact on well-being and health than we realize. Diving further into environmental health research paper topics is indeed interesting. Look at the samples of environmental health essay topics below :
- The growth of respiratory disorders and air pollution
- How does water quality affect our health?
- Deforestation, pollution, and population health
- Climate change’s health hazards
- How pesticides affect human health
- How can hazardous waste be eliminated?
- Drinking water endocrine disruptor.
- Microplastic particles in marine and their potential consequences
- How do urban green zones affect city people’s health?
- Mental health advantages of spending time outdoors.
Anorexia and obesity health essay topics
One cannot overlook such deadly and frightening modern phenomena as anorexia and obesity when it comes to food. They are both extremely deadly because they induce irreversible health damage even if they do not kill. It doesn’t matter either way you look at it. The subject is about more than just healthy and regular eating. It also has an emotional and psychological aspect. There are numerous anorexic and obesity health research paper topics to discuss and write about in this case:
- Anorexia and obesity: What causes them;
- The Effect of Feminism on Anorexics
- How to manage eating disorders and Bulimia Nervosa
- Feminism’s ImpactImpact on the extremely skinny women phenomenon;
- Eating disorders and self-Harming behavior
- How to deal with bulimia and anorexia nervosa
- The obsession with skinniness in Contemporary American culture;
Health essay topics on Schizophrenia
As a healthcare student, you may compose ideas related to schizophrenia disease . The sample of schizophrenia research paper topics mentioned below are a valuable asset for you:
- Schizophrenia prevalence among the homeless
- The origin of Schizophrenia suffering from Schizophrenia
- The early symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Detecting Schizophrenia in children
- Discrepancies between bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia
- Treatment of Schizophrenia and improving neuroplasticity
- Marijuana addiction and Schizophrenia
- A detailed examination of glutamate theory
- Is Schizophrenia curable?
Health essay topics about Insomnia
The fast-paced lifestyle has many negative consequences, one of which is Insomnia. It’s a hot topic these days as most people fail to sleep unless they watch movies, surf the web on their cellphones, or think things out.
Some people do not consider Insomnia an illness, even though its ImpactImpact on important activity has unintended and severe repercussions. The topics below address various aspects of Insomnia. You can choose any of the mentioned topics if Insomnia is your chosen theme.
- What causes Insomnia, and how does it affect you?
- Insomnia and coping strategies;
- Exam preparation’s ImpactImpact on sleep quality
- Placebo, damage, or cure for sleeping pills?
- How to Use Traditional Medicine to Treat Insomnia;
- Effects of long-term sleeplessness.
Public health essay topics
The topics below discuss issues relating to public health:
- Teenage pregnancy problem solution essay
- Smoking should be prohibited in public places
- Vaccination of children
- Obesity in Children: Determinants and consequences
- The age of legal drinking
- Childbearing and teenage pregnancies
- The economic ImpactImpact of AIDS treatment Minors birth control.
Autism research paper topics
Autism is receiving a lot of attention and knowledge than it has previously. Much of this would be attributable to the sharp increase in the number of adults and children diagnosed with Autism. You would be able to uncover substantial supporting evidence for any topic idea you choose.
If you’re studying Autism, you may need to consider creating a research work to aid your learning. This session will provide you with some ideas for autism research paper topics.
Why is Autism Research Important?
Autism and disorders on the autistic spectrum pique the curiosity of many instructors and childcare providers. There are lots of conflicting information regarding Autism, and researchers still have a lot of issues to address. It is critical to learn as much as possible, particularly if you are preparing to interact with children who have been diagnosed with Autism.
His session provides you with some ideas for independent autism research. Make sure to double-check the correctness and timeliness of your findings when examining these issues and follow these investigation lines.
What is the cause of Autism?
Among the most common questions regarding Autism is how it develops. You will explore a range of hypotheses about the origin of Autism and related illnesses if you pursue this line of inquiry.
You could also discover specific debates, including whether certain parenting techniques cause Autism if they are linked to mercury-containing vaccines and whether they are more prevalent among certain socioeconomic or racial classes.
You’ll be better prepared to communicate rationally to parents who have questions regarding their children’s diagnosis.
What Resources Do I Have in My Neighborhood?
You might be, as a researcher, particularly interested in learning about the resources that are available in your community or school to assist autistic children and their families. This research effort is less scholarly and more focused on the community.
You may start your research online and then get into the neighborhood to see what school systems, organizations, and healthcare centers are doing to help families affected by Autism. You could also locate places of support that aren’t being utilized, which could be a fantastic addition to your research.
How do autistic children learn?
This is a vast subject that you can narrow down to explore how children who have Autism start reading, writing, calculating math, or socializing. You can broaden the question and focus on brain systems that help autistic children learn.
You can better prepare yourself to educate children with Autism by studying how they learn. You’ll undoubtedly hear about a range of courses and other initiatives utilized with varying degrees of success. You’ll be able to create your judgments about what comprises the most successful teaching for autistic children.
What areas of Development does Autism affect?
Studying this subject will better equip you to engage with autistic children since it will show you which developmental domains are most affected. The effects of Autism on speech, motor development, emotional, social, and sensory development will be addressed. You’ll also gain a thorough understanding of the methods through which Autism affects people. You will explore ways of determining which domains are most affected in a given child. Other topics on Autism are as mentioned below:
What proof is there to show that environmental factors are causing the surge in Autism?
Lead in paintings, pollution, and chemical modifications to foods that produce food sensitivity are environmental triggers. Research.
Stimming and Autism
Consider how stimming is linked to Autism and how it differs from Tourette’s syndrome. What are the different types of stimming? Could the public be made aware of the advantages of stimming?
Why is Autism more common in western societies?
Is this due to a change in lifestyle or a better understanding of the indications and severity of the condition? How is Autism addressed in third-world nations ?
What recent diagnostic changes have led to the belief claiming Asperger’s Syndrome no longer exists?
Take note of when the alterations occurred (which was relatively recently) and when Autism was first identified as a diagnosis. Autism is classified as a spectrum disorder. Define the spectral range. The term autism encompasses a wide range of conditions.
What are the signs and indicators of Autism? Is a child born with Autism, or may they develop it?
Autism and regular education: Should all autistic children get educated in special schools? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of this? How can an autistic child adjust to regular schooling?
The distinction between autistic males and females.
Boys and girls with Autism have diverse indications and symptoms, whereas many females are not detected as earlier as males. Research.
The workplace and Autism.
Investigate the most effective ways to support autistic people in places of work. What kind of job would be best for someone with Autism?
Famous people in the past were most likely autistic.
There have been some notable individuals in history who were most likely on the spectrum of Autism. What abilities did they carry along?
Autism and childhood immunizations
Although the theory that childhood vaccines may have played a role in the Development of Autism has been debunked, there is still a concern since mercury is utilized in the injection.
Educating family physicians
Numerous family doctors have been highlighted as lacking sufficient knowledge on Autism to adequately take care of their patients with Autism. What is the most excellent strategy to help family physicians?
Mental health and Autism.
Is it true that autistic people have higher mental health issues? Why is speech therapy for individuals with Autism less effective? What alternative treatments are available?
Mental health essay topics
Mental health essay topics have been widely debated from many perspectives in health essays. Regarding this theme, you can research various anxieties, addictions, cravings, and anything else that interests you (since being enthusiastic about your issue is half the battle). Take note of the essay themes below on mental illnesses.
- How to recognize and treat bipolar disorder;
- Bipolar disorder psychological Treatment;
- Cognitive Therapy’s Effects on Mental Disorders; Find the similarities and differences between
- childhood and early adolescence mental disorders.
- The Role of antidepressant medications in the Treatment of Depression;
- How does traumatic child Abuse affect dissociative Disorders Development;
Essay Topic on Personal Health and Wellness
The personal health and wellness topic for an essay discusses issues regarding people’s wellness and health. Sample topics are as mentioned below:
- Beauty sleep is more than meets the eye.
- The immune system and sleep deprivation
- Should spending a mental awareness day at work become mandatory?
- Meditation’s health advantages
- Advantages of Happiness on mental and physical health
- Stress management
- Healthier ways of managing stress
- Why is anxiousness such a common problem?
- Getting past stress eating
- Advantages and disadvantages of antidepressants
- Regular physical activity and life quality.
Health essay topics for medical assistance
The expense of health care is among the most pressing concerns. Currently, there are options for both free and compensated Treatment. Both strategies, unfortunately, have drawbacks. What is the truth? Is it preferable to spend a lot of money and feel secure, or to invest little and be unsure about the Treatment’s quality?
The viewpoints here are incredibly diverse. When researching the matter, examine the following topics:
- Should we cater to our healthcare bills, or should healthcare be made accessible?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Paying for and Free Treatment
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Health Insurance
- Self-Effects: Treatment’s A Means of harming or a healing opportunity?
- The Actual Price of unpaid Medical Services
- A Comparison and Contrast Essay on Public and Private Hospitals;
Health essay topics for euthanasia
Euthanasia has been a source of enormous controversy around the world. Some civilizations are adamantly opposed to it, while others do not object to the merciful death of weak individuals.No one has a decisive view on the subject. The case is similar to that of the death punishment, but the critical distinction is found in the subjects’ roles: the criminal and the critical disease victim.
- Select a topic on euthanasia and explore it if you have deep opinions about it:
- Can Death Provide Comfort to a Patient?
- Do Patients deserve natural death?
- Who is deserving of a death relief?
- Do Patients Have a Natural Right to Die?
- Euthanasia’s moral problems
- Euthanasia’s Benefits and Drawbacks
- Discuss the similarities and differences between how different countries view euthanasia.
Topics for healthcare essays
Healthcare has become a significant concern worldwide in recent years. It’s only natural that healthcare conversations are heating up, given soaring healthcare expenses, insufficient insurance coverage, and insufficient perks. Take a glance at some of the most popular health-care-related essay themes.
- Is universal healthcare achievable worldwide?
- Telemedicine’s impact on the healthcare system
- The advantages and disadvantages of the existing healthcare system in the world
- How to deal with discrimination in healthcare
- Why are heart attacks more fatal in women?
- How is paid family breaking a public health investment?
- The advantages of providing daycare in the workplace
- Is healthcare considered a fundamental human right?
Controversial health essay topics
- Is it truly the case that sugary drinks cause cancer?
- Caffeine’s health implications
- Can a child’s eating habits indicate Autism?
- Can euthanasia be made legal?
- Medicinal marijuana’s benefits and drawbacks
- Alternative medicine: Is It Risky?
- Is participating in sports usually beneficial?
- Is it better to follow a low-carb or low-fat diet?
- Discuss preventive measures for contagious diseases
- Social factors that determine people’s Happiness
- Are doctors to blame for the opioid epidemic?
- Is religious belief a mental illness?
- Can nuclear waste be harmful to Humans?
- Is a Carb-Free Diet Safe?
- Are antibiotics making us too reliant?
- Are organic medicines an adequate replacement for pharmaceuticals?
- Can blockchain help increase trust in Clinical trial data accuracy?
Health essay topics on reproductive health
Reproductive health refers to physical, mental, and social well-being with no diseases in the reproductive system. It is concerned with themes supporting childbearing in all life stages. Reproductive health essay topics are fascinating to study and compose a health essay. Take a look at the topics below in the reproductive health essay:
- How can reproductive and sexual services in health be improved?
- Why do a large percentage of women worldwide of the reproductive age require family planning?
- HIV is among the leading causes of death of women of reproductive age?
- How do alcohol and nicotine influence people’s reproductive systems?
- Effects of pregnancy prevention on reproductive health functionality.
- The effective ways of protecting reproductive health in the adolescent stage.
- What causes neglect of reproductive health among young people?
- What would be the likely cause of a decrease in females of an active reproductive age?
- Explain the main aspects of reproductive health challenges prevention.
- Unrecommended menstrual products
High school health essay topics
- Can computers replace Doctors?
- Is it possible to become immortal?
- Is Happiness a cure for disease?
- How can adolescent girls avoid teenage pregnancy?
- The most serious health issues facing youth
- Teenagers and the importance of a balanced diet
- Is It True that being healthy makes you happy?
- Why is it so important for teenagers to exercise?
- Why is diabetes a public health issue?
- How to develop a healthy lifestyle
- The advantages of living a healthy lifestyle among teenagers
- Cons of smoking among teenagers
- What ImpactImpact does stress have on teenagers?
- Why do young people try out drugs?
- How to create good eating habits
How to process a health essay topic
When you’ve decided on an essay topic, you’ll need to create an essay outline and settle on an essay format. There are many various writing styles, and you may confidently produce a correlation and causation or an argumentative essay on health topics — these two forms of essays may fit you well. However, you are free to write whatever you want and whenever you want. Below are some more helpful essay tips:
Editing your essay is a vital aspect of the writing process, so pay attention and be cautious while double-checking your work. If anything doesn’t seem right or isn’t in the appropriate position, find and fix it. Even if it is your first time writing an essay, you will be able to deal with it.
Writing hooks may be your great friends, so don’t be afraid to look for examples. This will help you with your future employment and improve your life. Take a glance at a few of them to understand better what you should do and what not to. Analyze your work afterward.
Pay special attention to the conclusion of your essay.
It is an essential portion of each essay since it is here that you should summarize everything mentioned previously in shorter and sometimes even more precise terms. It takes time to learn the talent of “excellent conclusion.”
Take small pauses when writing.
If possible, take small pauses while writing. Allow yourself some time to recover and consider your options. Don’t spend all of your capabilities at once; remember that revising your essay requires more concentration than composing the preliminary drawing.
Don’t force yourself to compose something if you can’t think of the right words or thoughts. It’s too clear when someone writes anything out of necessity rather than desire. So, once again, be curious about what you compose about.
The bottom line
It is not an easy task to select health essay topics to write . The above list of selected best health essay topics of 2022 aims to get you the latest ideas for your health research paper . There are numerous health essay topics that healthcare students might conduct a study and write.
Your research and writing process will go determined by your topic selection. You should base your topic ideas on academic objectives. What you choose to write about should ideally aid you in achieving your academic objectives.
Why We Are the Best
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- Dedicated nursing and healthcare writers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Online Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Dissertation Writing Services
- Nursing Capstone Project Writing Services
- Best Nursing Essay Writing Company
- Best Online Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Term Paper Writing Services
- Nursing Report Writing Services
- Nursing Annotated Bibliography by Professional
- Nursing Essay Assignments
- Nursing Assignment Writing
- Nursing Case Study Writing Services
- Nursing Coursework Writing
- Online Nursing Research Paper writing service
- PICO Question Examples
- Nursing Thesis Writing Services
- Nursing Research Paper Writing Services
- Nursing Presentation Writing
- Terms and Conditions
- Epidemiology assignment help
- Write my nursing dissertation for Me
- Nursing Essay Writing Service
Health writing by Michelle Traub, MA, RDN
Health Article Writing
The average writer faces a steep learning curve before they even begin to write a health-related piece. The health and wellness arena requires the ability to quickly decipher which information is medically accurate and scientifically sound.
The Dietitian Writer Advantage
- Speed, Knowledge & Credibility
As a Dietitian Writer my expertise enables me to approach nutrition or medical topics already knowing the science and understanding the research and consumer concerns behind the issue. In addition, as a Registered Dietitian , my title, and my experience lend credibility to my health writing.
Magazine Health Writing
Prior to ever even querying a magazine, I had contributed over 15 print articles to well-known consumer magazines. In the very competitive arena of health publications, editors actually sought my writing expertise after reading my writing samples . They have continued working with me because I exceed expectations with every article I write. In writing magazine articles I:
- Submit clean content well ahead of deadline,
- Provide creative hed and dek ideas,
- Include expert sources and document all reference details, and
- Offer ideas for clever side-bars, graphs and tables.
Because I myself am an avid reader of consumer health magazines, I fully understand what works. I really enjoy writing consumer health articles and that enthusiasm is always evident in my articles.
Online Health Articles
I have written over 100 online health articles, along with health blog posts and health e-newsletters. What sets me apart from many other health writers is my ability to write and design specifically for the web. I provide health articles that are easily integrated into your web content or e-mail campaigns. They can be:
- Formatted in HTML including your images, or images sourced according to your specifications,
- Search engine optimized (SEO) for the most popular keywords,
- Uploaded directly to your server or added via your content management system, or
- Posted directly on your blog.
Contact Me to plan a health article for your magazine, website or e-mail newsletter.
The Electric Typewriter
50 great articles and essays about health and medicine, viruses and disease, the message of measles by nick paumgarten, an epidemic of fear by amy wallace out of the wild by david quammen, how plagues really work by wendy orent, stopping a global killer by michael finkel, the origin of aids by tom curtis, 10 more great articles about viruses and disease, the plague year by lawrence wright, race to the vaccine by david heath and gus garcia-roberts, since i became symptomatic by leslie jamison, insane after coronavirus by patricia lockwood, medical science, can big data tell us what clinical trials don’t by veronique greenwood, it'll take an army to kill the emperor by jacqueline detwiler, the power of nothing by michael specter, patient zero by tom junod and mark warren, 10 more great articles about medical science, unhappy meals by michael pollan, the end of food by lizzie widdicombe, the vitamin myth by paul offit, nutrition science’s most preposterous result by david merritt johns, xxxl by elizabeth kolbert, 5 more great articles about nutrition, losing it in the anti-dieting age by taffy brodesser-akner, the obesity era by david berreby, everything you know about obesity is wrong by michael hobbes, what fullness is by roxane gay, the medical industry, dirty medicine by mariah blake, when evidence says no, but doctors say yes by david epstein, “reverse innovation” could save lives. why aren’t we embracing it by tom vanderbilt, piecework by atul gawande, cost of living by emily maloney, 5 more great articles about the medical industry, mental health, the epidemic of mental illness by marcia angell, the illusions of psychiatry by marcia angell, adventures in depression by allie brosh, 50 more great articles about mental health, insomnia by elizabeth gumport, the end of night by rebecca boyle, bed habits by rachel handler, snooze or lose by po bronson, 10 more great articles about sleep, cancer free at 33, but weighing a mastectomy by amy harmon, cancer’s invasion equation by siddhartha mukherjee, the iconoclast by eric benson, how fit can you get from just walking by graham isador, the diy scientist, the olympian, and the mutated gene by david epstein, is sunscreen the new margarine by rowan jacobsen, the empathy exams by leslie jamison, poor teeth by sarah smarsh, somewhere worse by jia tolentino, “whatever’s your darkest question, you can ask me.” by lizzie presser, the dawn of the post-clinic abortion by emily bazelon, 10 more great articles about abortion, reproductive health, the age of mechanical reproduction by paul ford, the score by atul gawande, safe-sex lies by meghan daum, john rock's error by malcolm gladwell, the sanitary pad revolutionary by vibeke venema, 15 more great articles about reproductive health, public health, what's killing america's black infants by zoe carpenter, the plastic panic by jerome groopman, a bug in the system by wil s. hylton, the spectacular power of big lens by sam knight, out of sight by ryan knighton, letting go by atul gawande, final forms by kathryn schulz, 20 more great articles about death, see also..., 100 great articles about science and technology, 50 great psychology articles, subscribe to our email newsletter.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
Established Since 1997
Freelance Writing Jobs
Writing contests, make money writing, hottest topics, top 10 hot topics to pitch to editors at health magazines.
Health magazines focus on human health and fitness with an emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle. These magazines usually target individuals who want to prevent lifestyle diseases and medical conditions or who already have them but want to live a healthier lifestyle. The demographics target people with self-health awareness, usually over the age of 18 across both genders.
Some of the popular magazines within this niche include Natural Health Magazine , Prevention Magazine , Self Magazine , Men’s Health Magazine , and Remedy Life , etc.
Articles in demand for health magazines
Articles focus on disease prevention lifestyles; this includes exercise, good nutrition, and food supplements, anti-aging practices among others. The articles consist mostly of how-to articles and interviews; for example, “How to lose weight after pregnancy,” “How to remain wrinkle free,” and “how-to” recipes offering dietary advice.
Pitching your articles to the editor
When writing your health-related article, you need to read a few copies of the magazine. If you frequently read the magazine or you subscribe to it, study the back issues. If you are a new writer to the magazine, visit its website and peruse the website’s editorial content. Many health magazines will have full articles online from previous print issues.
You will want to e-mail the editor for writer’s guidelines if you cannot find them online. Different magazines have different editorial guidelines—for example, an article for a health magazine must be factual and supported with research; the article must help the reader in some way; and the article must be timely and written for the readership. You will need to educate yourself about specific departments, features, columns or interviews which welcome freelance writers.
A common myth in writing for health magazines is that you need some type of medical background. Sure, you will see many bylines with a Ph.D., DrPH, or LPN next them. You do not need a medical background, but you do need relevant experience and expertise in writing about health-related issues. You must know your audience. Health prevention magazines come in two classes: mainstream and trade. Retired Baby Boomers who are dealing with degenerative diseases read mainstream magazines.
Common pay rates for articles
Health magazines and disease-prevention magazines do not pay freelance writers the same rates. Nonetheless, the variation is usually very small and negligible. Most magazines pay approximately $1 per word, but this can vary. You will encounter magazines that pay per published article—for example, $500 per 2500 word published article. The pay rate for freelance articles usually reflects the kind of advertisers on the page that the magazine attracts.
10 hot topics in demand
Health magazines publish articles relating to people’s health and lifestyles. You will find new developments in health every day. Just go to Google.com’s News section and type in “health lifestyle” to see what topics are being published. Here are 10 topics in demand right now.
1. Fitness and exercise
Apparently, one way to stay healthy and fit is to exercise; hence you can write plenty of articles on fitness and exercise. You can write about the relationship between appetite and exercise; 10 ways to burn calories; fitness tips for pregnant women; and the benefits of using yoga in your exercise regimen.
2. Food and diet tips
This is the most popular section of a health magazine because articles aim at preventing illnesses with good diets and high quality food. Consider writing on “how to count the calories in a meal,” “healthy snacking,” “weight loss meal plans,” and “cancer fighting meal plans.”
3. Style and beauty
People love to look and feel good naturally . Offering readers tips on how to look beautiful effortlessly always attracts good readership. Consider “10 quick make up tips,” ” trending hairstyles,” “colors to flatter your figure,” and “nail maintenance regimen for long and healthy nails.”
4. Beauty and hair makeovers
Despite that these magazines address issues with health and disease prevention, they also address beauty and hair problems because they are a part of a healthy lifestyle. You can write on “10 hairdo makeovers,” “top five age defying myths,” “how to keep your make up fresh all day,” and “how to smooth the skin texture.”
5. Body and mind healing
Editors want effective and simple ways to improve an individual’s emotions, whether they are good or bad. Recently published articles included “spiritual escape through meditation,” “relationships between your health and yoga,” “how to attain your sexual healing,” and “paranormal energy healing practices.”
6. Green living
Society places a lot of emphasis on “green living” and taking care of the environment. This “going green” karma trickles down to people’s health. A few article ideas are: “how to cut back on home wastage,” “how to cool the home naturally,” “steps to smarter gardening,” and “every homeowners guide to a greener home.”
7. Male grooming
Editors buy a lot of articles on the subject of beauty and grooming for women. Men’s grooming is a bit different from women’s grooming. Here are some article suggestions: “5 steps to clean and smooth your face,” “your key to health and wealth is in looking good,” “tools and tips for taming the hair,” and “5 colognes a man should have.”
8. Sex and love
This subject is applicable to both men and women because both sexes always want to learn how to attract love and have a better sex life. You can write on “how to get the man or woman you desire to have,” “top 10 pillow talk utterances,” “how to have great sex every time,” and “five secrets to being a happier couple.”
9. A guide to cancer
Cancer is a big issue across the globe. The good news is that many types of cancer can be prevented or magaged by living a better lifestyle. Topics can include “myths about breast cancer,” “how exercising can boost your cancer recovery,” “10 ways to prevent cancer,” and “how to incorporate a cancer fighting diet into your family meals.”
10. Managing lifestyle diseases
Lifestyle diseases affect many people across the country and the world; however, they are easy to manage with a few tips. You can write about “how to outsmart diabetes,” “5-blood sugar fighting exercises,” “how to make healthier food choices,” and “how to have a good night’s sleep each night.”
You can find writer’s guidelines to health-related magazines by using our Writer’s Guidelines Database .
Published on Page 1 or 100? Editors & Publishers Discuss the Importance of Article Placement in a Magazine
Editors and publishers discuss the importance of article placement in a magazine. Does article position matter? Can you negotiate for better placement?
How Not to Fall Prey to Writing Job Scams on CraigsList
Many freelance writers have a love-hate relationship with CraigsList: they love using the free service to find legitimate work, and they hate using it when...
7 Portfolio Mistakes that Could Cost You the Gig
Your writing portfolio is arguably the single most important marketing tool for generating new clients. It can also be a fast track to lost clients if done...
Writing the Query Letter
Negative or non-responses to query letters are why some writers give up and self-publish. Self-publishing is an entirely different process that is not...
Submit New Contest
You can pick more than one
How can people enter your contest? Choose the best option.
Thanks for your submission!
FreelanceWriting.com hosts some of the most talented freelance writers on the web, so you’ve come to the right place to find contestants. We are proud to post your contest here, free of charge. Please come back and submit a new contest anytime!
Submit New Job
Choose the best option.
We only accept jobs that pay. When posting a job ad, you MUST include a salary, payment terms, or rate, otherwise we will reject your ad.
If you want make a change or wish to remove your job ad in the future, please email [email protected]
We strive to be the best source of freelance writing jobs on the web, and we maintain our quality thanks to employers like you. Please continue to submit jobs early and often!